Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP tech support positive report  (Read 1142 times)

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
HP tech support positive report
« on: April 28, 2009, 03:10:55 pm »

Today I had to phone tech support for a broken part on my Z3200. The response time was pretty much immediate, the person answering polite, efficient, knowledgeable, friendly, clear, comprehensive (considering my terrible English accent difficult for many to understand) and to the point. Not only was the part ordered but arranged shipping , done online. Other concerns on the feed path sensor correctly answered with practical advice offered as well as info on any needed follow up if necessary.

We have seen many reports here on HP tech support, often being quite negative. I have always said this is totally a localisation issue, yet being the second time over 5 years I have called , both are excellent experiences. I cannot imagine how it could be better. For any readers who might think this is biased, you have to know that calling tech support for me is the same as any other user.
At least in France I want to say it is top notch.

It would be a good idea if you have have both positive neutral and negative reactions for your localised tech support HP or other to summarise where HP stands today in it's service.

Often HP people come by here and read posts , this will help give a direct affiliation with forum members and their printers , how they feel.

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 04:13:08 pm »

My support experiences with HP have been generally positve as well:

I had a B9180 that somehow had gotten paperhandling for manual and tray feed reversed.  It was aggravating having to plow the the "scripts" that the support personnel need to follow, I stayed civil and cordial throught the process; end result - a new B9180 - she even threw a set of ink carts in, becaused I asked . . .

My Z3100 has some issues after a firmware upgrade - support very patiently walked me though removing all HP devices from my system (including the B9180 and Color Laserjet 4600), then re-installing, we discovered a port monitor issue where after opening up some ports on the Vista Firewall, things worked normally - this was a 6 hour call, along with two separate callbacks.  A frustrating process for sure, but ultimately down to the firewall . . . .   despite my best try, no free ink on this one

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 09:40:58 pm »

I recently had in-person tech support experience and I was very pleased.  It was a very tough problem to diagnose and fix but he hung in there for four visits and got things back up and running.  My support person was courteous, pleasant and personable.  To make me feel better about it not being fixed in the first visit and to reward my patience HP provided a complete set of 130 ml ink carts.  I thought that was going well above and beyond.  I appreciated that gesture.
Regards,
Ron

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 12:52:49 am »

Quote from: Joh.Murray
My support experiences with HP have been generally positve as well:

I had a B9180 that somehow had gotten paperhandling for manual and tray feed reversed.  It was aggravating having to plow the the "scripts" that the support personnel need to follow, I stayed civil and cordial throught the process; end result - a new B9180 - she even threw a set of ink carts in, becaused I asked . . .

My Z3100 has some issues after a firmware upgrade - support very patiently walked me though removing all HP devices from my system (including the B9180 and Color Laserjet 4600), then re-installing, we discovered a port monitor issue where after opening up some ports on the Vista Firewall, things worked normally - this was a 6 hour call, along with two separate callbacks.  A frustrating process for sure, but ultimately down to the firewall . . . .   despite my best try, no free ink on this one

I too have a 9180, but have never had a problem I couldn't fix myself. It is not the same tech support though , even though being an HP Pro printer it has the Photosmart tech support > a lot more generic and expectations of users making more mistakes than professional users.  To get higher support with the 9180 you have to be escalated where usually you should find technical answers.

I didn't know I should have insisted on some ink!
Pages: [1]   Go Up