Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: New PhaseOne - P40+  (Read 105513 times)

Conner999

New PhaseOne - P40+
« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2009, 08:32:16 am »

I just want to know where he gets his Don Cherry-esque (fellow Canadians will know) shirts and those gloves.. The funny thing is that if you saw the average designer on the street, one look at how they dress would make them the LAST guys you'd take fashion advice from.... ;>

Khun_K

• http://
New PhaseOne - P40+
« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2009, 09:58:17 am »

Quote from: Toby1014
Yes indeed.....  
sure, and he also shot with Hasselblad H, and Alpa 12 and many more, Nikon among them, it is about him as a photographer, not what his client ask what he will use. Use of camera is photographer's subjective choice.

bcooter

New PhaseOne - P40+
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2009, 12:39:56 pm »

Quote from: Toby1014
Yes indeed.....  

This image of Karl would make me buy Hasselblad . . .. actually  this image would probably make me want to go into plumbing repair.

Why does everyone get their knickers in such a twist over these cameras.  

This forum especially is a Phase driven marketing vehicle of dealers, reps, users, friends, dealer associates and seminar givers.  

I own 2 Phase plus backs, they work ok when your on a tripod and have lots of light because that's what they were designed for.

The rest of the time, if you work under pressure they're a slow, overpriced, antiquated, hugely depreciating pain in the ass and the only thing that Phase can deliver on time are more megpaixels.  

They miss all of they're deadlines on lenses, software and any real improvement in the use of the cameras/backs and instead of getting better at fulfilling past promises, they just change their policy not to make any promises.  That's pretty funny.

But that's ok, so have all the medium format companies, that's their business model.

Fast speed?   I have a p21+ that is also suppose to shoot at .8 of a second and that is still a lot slower than the Contax was with film.  In fact the only way you can get to the real speed of a peewhateversensorplus back is to NOT use a Phase camera, you have to use an old Hasselblad H.

The thing I find totally amazing is of all the  people that proclaim the goodness of the "new"   Peewhateversensorplus backs is how few have actually said they use them for commerce.

I don't care what anybody shoots with, including High Collar Karl, but the question ol' Snook asked was legitimate. The dealers and reps were pushing their chest out saying they have sold MANY peehwhateversensorplus  backs and he just asked what is many?  

In the world of medium format that probably means 6.  

He also made the mistake of asking "how much" and God knows in the world of medium format sales, nobody wants to publish prices, they want you to come into the dealers office, real or virtual,  while they go back and forth to the "manager" to get you that "special" price.   Kind of like the way you use to buy a Chrysler.   (Remember the phrase, "use to").

Buying a new car or a new medium format back are the only two ways I know to drop $30,000 to $40,000 and not have a good time.

In fact buying a Chrysler (sorry I meant Phase) is the only way I know to trade in your old machine, get a new one and they still look the same.

I should be the customer Phase targets. So should Snook.  We both own Phase products could buy another, but speaking only for myself, until I see something that is more than 20 more horsepower under the hood and a resale value of 40%, I'll wait.

B
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 12:43:42 pm by bcooter »

MichaelAlanBielat

• http://www.MichaelAlanFineArt.com
New PhaseOne - P40+
« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2009, 09:16:09 am »

Quote from: Conner999
I just want to know where he gets his Don Cherry-esque (fellow Canadians will know) shirts and those gloves.. The funny thing is that if you saw the average designer on the street, one look at how they dress would make them the LAST guys you'd take fashion advice from.... ;>

+1 for the Don Cherry comment! I am from Buffalo, NY and Hockey is our thing over here and Don Cherry is the man!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up