Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone see these?  (Read 9519 times)

Anthony R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 252
Anyone see these?
« on: April 28, 2009, 01:44:18 PM »

PDN and other places posted these from Mark Leibowitz http://www.pdnphotooftheday.com/2009/04/1112

I like em. Any ideas on what he did here?
Logged

andyptak

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 279
Anyone see these?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:45:57 PM »

I love them. Wouldn't mind getting a print.
Logged

Anthony R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 252
Anyone see these?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 08:59:06 PM »

I guess we are the only two here who like them. I'd like a print too. Now which one..
Logged

ddk

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 274
    • http://www.pbase.com/ddk
Anyone see these?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 09:25:36 PM »

Quote from: Anthony R
I guess we are the only two here who like them. I'd like a print too. Now which one..


No, I like them too, just couldn't answer your question about how they were made.
Logged
david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk

JonasYip

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 41
Anyone see these?
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 12:23:04 AM »

Quote from: Anthony R
I like em. Any ideas on what he did here?

Looks like it's just a dragged shutter with multiple flash pops, camera handheld and moving.

I like them, too.

jjj

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4738
    • http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Anyone see these?
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 11:30:26 PM »

That's how one way that I've done shots like that. Though multiple exposures on film can be very similar.
Logged
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spineless.   Futt Futt Futt Photography

Snook

  • Guest
Anyone see these?
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 12:50:45 PM »

Quote from: jjj
That's how one way that I've done shots like that. Though multiple exposures on film can be very similar.

I remember in the film days you had to stop down a couple of stops after every exposure?
Would this be true today you think?
Do you guys think these were done with just multiple pops at same exposure?
Nice shots. I know some guys that do the same in post but it is never like doing it for real.
Thanks for the info.
Snook
Logged

jjj

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4738
    • http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Anyone see these?
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 08:26:28 PM »

Quote from: Snook
I remember in the film days you had to stop down a couple of stops after every exposure?
Would this be true today you think?
Do you guys think these were done with just multiple pops at same exposure?
Depends on how it is done and what the background is and finally how much overlap you have of content.
Logged
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spineless.   Futt Futt Futt Photography

kernix

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • http://www.jfk-photo.com/
Anyone see these?
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 02:08:53 PM »

I was going to suggest that it was multiple exposures. And I agree that mults should only be done for "real" with film, not with layers in PS.
Logged
James Kernicky
JFK-Photo

dalethorn

  • Guest
Anyone see these?
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 02:30:12 PM »

Quote from: kernix
I was going to suggest that it was multiple exposures. And I agree that mults should only be done for "real" with film, not with layers in PS.

If you shoot with film, underexpose, and vary the angle and distance slightly, you can actually layer up the films and get some interesting effects. Might work better with positives than negatives.  Back in the early days of NDT, before the modern 3D airport-type scanners, that's how we could see through objects for real. You'd need something more powerful than Photoshop to do that with multiple digital exposures.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up