Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extreme Gigapixel Photography - Look into every apartment in Downtown Vancouver  (Read 13327 times)

gigapixelphotographer

Extreme Gigapixel Photo - Vancouver Yaletown

Today is the official launch Gigapixel Photography Inc., a photography studio that creates gigapixel images and develops custom technology solutions for marketing and presentation of high-resolution imagery. We are also featured in Wired Magazine today: http://www.wired.com/rawfile/2009/04/gigap...voyeurs-rejoice

Enjoy the images!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 01:38:04 pm by gigapixelphotographer »

Dick Roadnight

Quote from: gigapixelphotographer
Today is the official launch Gigapixel Photography Inc.,
I have been looking forward to getting the Seitz 617 (160 Megapixel) rapid scan back for the Sinar... which will give a megapixel picture if you shift and stitch 7 images.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

DarkPenguin

Only one broad in her underwear that I could find.  Very disappointed.  What good is voyeurism if it isn't lurid?

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net

Great work, enjoyed it very much.  Encyclopedic pictures like this will be of considerable historical importance in future generations.  I can see this image plastered on the wall at the Vancouver History Museum in 2109.  Hint...get all the cars and clothes and advertising signs you possibly can!  Underpants are a plus.  The boats are a nice touch.  I have a few shots with about 1/20 the number of people showing in windows, man did I spend some time making sure I wasn't gonna get sued.

Would be interested to know what the level of right-now interest there is in this type of image.  FWIW the only one that I ever showed sold on the first day.

Raynnie

That is indeed a beautiful photo. So that is downtown Vancouver, it is very nice as well. If you are using a different photo pixel will it look the way it does in the photo?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 10:44:18 am by Raynnie »

Rob C

I began to suspect that America wasn't exactly the land of milk and honey that it had been projected as being by Hollywood right there, on the day I first noted that few Americans seem able to afford curtains. Cadillacs yes, curtains, no.

Strange, that; perhaps they are not so much voyeurs as exhibitionists?

Pax - only wondering...

Rob C

Adam L

• http://adamlozo.com

I'm surprised there is so much noise in the image.  Have you applied any reduction to this?
"That's a lot of money to move a few pix

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...

First: I don't understand why a cityscape is posted in "Landscape & Nature Photography".
Second: The caption "Look into every apartment in Downtown Vancouver" together with all
this voyeurism in the image is plain disgusting and in my eyes inappropriate.
Just my  $0.2

michael

Ever notice how prudes usually also have no sense of humor?

Michael

JohnKoerner

First: I don't understand why a cityscape is posted in "Landscape & Nature Photography".
Second: The caption "Look into every apartment in Downtown Vancouver" together with all
this voyeurism in the image is plain disgusting and in my eyes inappropriate.
Just my  $0.2

I agree, this unholy image doesn't belong here.

I also am reminded of a saying we used to use about approaching certain women back in my college years: "Good from far; far from good."

Jack

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...

I'm definitely no prude and usually I don't lose my sense of humour.

I think I'm just really allergic towards Gigapixel photography.
And the connection with all this voyeurism aspect boosts that sense of disgust.

I think its that overly technical aspect, the megalomania, sorry GIGalomania, of it which disgusts me.
Me feeling towards it is that it is something dead, smelly and somehow perverted and it can look as
clean and shiny as possible - I still won't like it.
Stitching to enhance image quality is great, but this is just too much.

I'm exaggerating a little to make it clear.
And of course it's just my highly subjective view.

nigelrudyard

• http://www.flickr.com/mostonianexile

Very interesting work, and fascinating as a "Blade Runner" moment ("track 45 left". "Stop!" "Enhance 15 to 23" ).

But also interesting in that the more detailed the image, the easier it is for overall shape of the composition to be lost amidst the detail.

Now, where was that chick in Apartment 104B?  (Only joking!)
"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment."
~ Ansel Adams

Dick Roadnight

I'm surprised there is so much noise in the image.  Have you applied any reduction to this?
All megapixels are not created equal...

If you feel you have to create a Gigapixel image then scanned film, pan-and-stitch with a point-and-shoot or any crap will do...

If you want a nice clean file then MF (or MFMS) pan-and-stitch or 60Mpx hex-stitch ¿quarter Gigabyte? might be a better option.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:07:45 pm by Dick Roadnight »

rlh1138

'unholy'???  maybe I'm losing my sense of something... or taking that too seriously..

voyeurism  -  but not with the street photography that we all love?  Why's that?

'candids'?  For those of us who remember that term - they were OK.

If I walk by someone's house in my neighborhood and their blinds/curtins (sp) are open, and I note to my wife that I like their new couch - am I a voyeur/bad person  ('cause I'll do that you know).  So I'm loving checking out my Canadian neighbors, their furniture, what they hang on their walls, etc etc   

So.. noticing that we've stopped talking about photography and are talking about .. what I'm not sure I guess.. I'll shut up.

Ray

Dick Roadnight

If I walk by someone's house in my neighborhood and their blinds/curtins (sp) are open, and I note to my wife that I like their new couch
"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ox, or her arse, or anything that is his."
Pages: [1]   Go Up