Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flexcolor to DNG question for David Grover @ Hassy  (Read 1320 times)

jimgolden

• http://
Flexcolor to DNG question for David Grover @ Hassy
« on: April 28, 2009, 12:59:05 pm »

not to beat a dead horse but...

from Calumet e-flyer "The 3FR files can be converted into Adobe’s raw image format DNG (‘Digital Negative’), bringing this new technology standard to the professional photographer for the first time. In order to utilize DA C and optimize the colors of the DNG file format, conversion from 3FR must take place through FlexColor."

David, care to chime in? am I missing something? I was under the impression that you lose DAC when going to DNG? I see a difference now when I go to DNG - is there something new going on?

thx,
jim

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:49:30 pm »

Quote from: jimgolden
not to beat a dead horse but...

from Calumet e-flyer "The 3FR files can be converted into Adobe’s raw image format DNG (‘Digital Negative’), bringing this new technology standard to the professional photographer for the first time. In order to utilize DA C and optimize the colors of the DNG file format, conversion from 3FR must take place through FlexColor."

David, care to chime in? am I missing something? I was under the impression that you lose DAC when going to DNG? I see a difference now when I go to DNG - is there something new going on?

thx,
jim

Hi Jim,

The Chromatic Aberration correction has always been applied through the DNG format but not distortion or vignetting.  Looks like an old quote as it mentions FlexColor, not Phocus and I would hardly say DNG is new technology anymore!  

Do you have a link to the eFlyer so I can take a look?

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

jimgolden

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 07:10:12 pm »

yeah I thought it sounded weird. I PM'd you the link.

Pages: [1]   Go Up