Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Develop Module - move Camera Calibration (Profile) pane  (Read 1861 times)

NickJB

Develop Module - move Camera Calibration (Profile) pane
« on: April 27, 2009, 07:01:23 pm »

LR 2.2, Mac OSX 10.5.6

Is it possible to move the Camera Calibration Pane to the top of the Develop Panel? It seems like an oversight to have the rest of the develop module based on a top to bottom workflow, then have the Camera Profiles (first step in the Develop workflow) at the bottom of the panel.

Thanks!

nick

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 02:21:19 am »

No...

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 02:55:37 am »

You can put them on the top left - in Develop presets. With all other adjustments zeroed out, choose a profile, then save a preset, then move onto the next profile and repeat until you have one preset per calibration profile. The advantage is that this lets you see the profile's effect by moving the mouse over it.

John

NickJB

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 10:45:39 am »

Quote from: johnbeardy
You can put them on the top left - in Develop presets. With all other adjustments zeroed out, choose a profile, then save a preset, then move onto the next profile and repeat until you have one preset per calibration profile. The advantage is that this lets you see the profile's effect by moving the mouse over it.

John

That's what I was trying to avoid. I'm not a big user of presets, I rarely even use Actions in PS. I like the play involved in getting an image to a particular look. Makes the process feel more organic and less mechanical, if that makes sense. Oh well.......

thanks

nick

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 10:50:43 am »

Quote from: NickJB
I like the play involved in getting an image to a particular look. Makes the process feel more organic and less mechanical, if that makes sense.
Then why are you bothering with the profiles at all? For similar reasons to you, I'm not a big user of presets either, but find it more convenient to try alternative profiles by putting them in presets.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up