Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Morning in Tuscany -- action shooting?  (Read 2208 times)

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
Morning in Tuscany -- action shooting?
« on: April 27, 2009, 09:33:40 am »

One morning I was driving through Tuscany on my usual morning photo hunt, I came across this rainbow. It was extending right at the edge of this wonderful Italian village and I had trees obscuring the view! I drow fast ahead and about one minute later I got the chance to quickly stop and jump out of the car and get this shot. 30 seconds later the rainbow was gone.  As I remember it I even had to change lens to my 70-200 f/4L IS (btw. my favorite landscape lens). I chose this vertical composition as to have the rainbow across the dark sky, only regretting that one minute earlier the rainbow was much brighter. The weather was really my favorite: A weather forecast that promisses everything, sun, clouds and rain!

Don't tell me that landscape photography doesn't have the sense of urgency and thrill that action shooting have  

KeithR

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 09:44:21 am »

Nice. It is very similar to a Galen Rowell image. The title escapes me, and I'll have to look it up.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

francois

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 11:02:22 am »

Quote from: KeithR
Nice. It is very similar to a Galen Rowell image. The title escapes me, and I'll have to look it up.
Probably, Rainbow over the Potala Palace.
Francois

francois

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 11:03:56 am »

Quote from: hkruse
One morning I was driving through Tuscany on my usual morning photo hunt, I came across this rainbow. It was extending right at the edge of this wonderful Italian village and I had trees obscuring the view! I drow fast ahead and about one minute later I got the chance to quickly stop and jump out of the car and get this shot. 30 seconds later the rainbow was gone.  As I remember it I even had to change lens to my 70-200 f/4L IS (btw. my favorite landscape lens). I chose this vertical composition as to have the rainbow across the dark sky, only regretting that one minute earlier the rainbow was much brighter. The weather was really my favorite: A weather forecast that promisses everything, sun, clouds and rain!

Don't tell me that landscape photography doesn't have the sense of urgency and thrill that action shooting have  

Wow, stunning photo. You're entirely right, sometimes landscape photography is a race for good light…
Congrats
Francois

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 11:22:14 am »

Quote from: KeithR

Here is a link http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Rainbow-Over...s_i1533963_.htm

I don't think my image can quite compete here  

francois

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 11:58:31 am »

Quote from: hkruse
Here is a link http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Rainbow-Over...s_i1533963_.htm

I don't think my image can quite compete here  
Well, Tuscany has not -  yet - risen to the status of Tibet. Don't despair though...
Francois

John R

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 04:50:05 pm »

It doesn't matter, it is still fine image.

JMR
Pages: [1]   Go Up