Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9900 auto cleaning  (Read 1504 times)

framah

9900 auto cleaning
« on: April 26, 2009, 05:08:53 pm »

I seem to remember postings about this but I can't find them. How do you turn off the auto head cleaning feature?

I just set up my machine and so far it has done an auto clean 3 times while printing a total of 8 small prints  this afternoon!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

datro

9900 auto cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 05:37:16 pm »

Quote from: framah
I seem to remember postings about this but I can't find them. How do you turn off the auto head cleaning feature?

I just set up my machine and so far it has done an auto clean 3 times while printing a total of 8 small prints  this afternoon!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

PRINTER SETUP --> AUTO NOZZLE CHECK --> (ON: PERIODICALLY | ON: EVERY JOB | OFF)

Dave

framah

9900 auto cleaning
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 05:53:07 pm »

Thanks Dave...

I went back to the machine and found more stuff in the menu and actually did find just what you mentioned.

Seems I need to push alot more buttons on the machine and I will find stuff like this.

Love the colors it is putting out but not how much ink has been used already.
I think I'll call Epson  this week and have a talk with them.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Farmer

9900 auto cleaning
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 02:34:29 am »

Quote from: framah
Thanks Dave...

I went back to the machine and found more stuff in the menu and actually did find just what you mentioned.

Seems I need to push alot more buttons on the machine and I will find stuff like this.

Love the colors it is putting out but not how much ink has been used already.
I think I'll call Epson  this week and have a talk with them.

I would strongly recommend updating to the latest firmware.  There are already some updates regarding cleaning cycles and the like which will help with this, and there are meant to be some more coming, too.

Bear in mind that your initial ink usage also reflects charging the lines with ink.

Definitely have a chat to Epson, particularly if you need a hand updating the firmware (very easy with the Remote Panel Software).
Phil Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up