Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3800 101 question  (Read 2546 times)

stephenjedgar

3800 101 question
« on: April 23, 2009, 05:53:05 pm »

hi all!

I'm going CRAZY!  I'm sure you can all relate:
1) I'm doing some test strips (9.5x6.5) and I cannot figure out how to add this sizing to my list of sizes....
2) while doing this specific test print I've been having issues with the PPI.  Under "scaled print size" it is not listing my
ppi as 360 but rather...680.

why is this?

s

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
3800 101 question
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 06:14:43 pm »

Quote from: stephenjedgar
hi all!

I'm going CRAZY!  I'm sure you can all relate:
1) I'm doing some test strips (9.5x6.5) and I cannot figure out how to add this sizing to my list of sizes....
2) while doing this specific test print I've been having issues with the PPI.  Under "scaled print size" it is not listing my
ppi as 360 but rather...680.

why is this?

s
For 1): Go to printer preferences, "Main" tab. Under "Paper Settings", set the source to "sheet", and then click on "user defined" and type in your sizes.
Can't help you with 2). What software are you using to print?
David

stephenjedgar

3800 101 question
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 06:18:37 pm »

Quote from: Taquin
For 1): Go to printer preferences, "Main" tab. Under "Paper Settings", set the source to "sheet", and then click on "user defined" and type in your sizes.
Can't help you with 2). What software are you using to print?
David
hi David,

thanks for your response.  I"m using PS CS3 and going directly to the Epson interface....

stephenjedgar

3800 101 question
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 06:36:14 pm »

Quote from: stephenjedgar
hi David,

thanks for your response.  I"m using PS CS3 and going directly to the Epson interface....

HI again David,

silly question:

where would I find the printer preferences?  I'm on a Mac....wondering if your instruction may be based on a PC.  forgive me, I'm at wit's end here.....

David Sutton

3800 101 question
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 06:50:45 pm »

Ah, I'm on a pc. Curse. All I can say is on my machine when I hit "print" in CS3 and the print dialogue comes up, selecting "page setup" under the "copies" box opens the printer preferences.
Or I go to Control panel - printers and faxes-Epson 3800.
David

David Sutton

3800 101 question
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 07:05:27 pm »

Also I now see where the print resolution box is. I've only printed from CS3 a few times (I use Qimage), but if the print resolution is between 180 and 480, I just send the native pixels to the printer, properly sharpened, and let the printer driver sort it out (see "From camera to Print"). That works fine. Have you checked you image size before printing (Image - Image Size)?
David

stephenjedgar

3800 101 question
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 07:20:52 pm »

Quote from: Taquin
Also I now see where the print resolution box is. I've only printed from CS3 a few times (I use Qimage), but if the print resolution is between 180 and 480, I just send the native pixels to the printer, properly sharpened, and let the printer driver sort it out (see "From camera to Print"). That works fine. Have you checked you image size before printing (Image - Image Size)?
David

Hi Dave!

I'll have to check out the program you use...I've just tossed the whole thing into the trash and started again...it seems to have been a bit of an anomaly!  Things are back to 360.
as a photographer we must get used to dealing with intermittent problems I guess.  For now I've got it figured out...but please keep an eye on this for entertainment sake if anything!
thanks so much for your feedback!!!

s

howardm

3800 101 question
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 07:26:11 pm »

sigh.  It's really helpful to the people trying to help you if you indicate what operating system you're using when asking for help.

In PS, File -> Page Setup, then go to Page Size, go down to bottom, 'Manage Custom Sizes'

stephenjedgar

3800 101 question
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 07:48:19 pm »

Quote from: howardm
sigh.  It's really helpful to the people trying to help you if you indicate what operating system you're using when asking for help.

In PS, File -> Page Setup, then go to Page Size, go down to bottom, 'Manage Custom Sizes'
hey, thanks Howard!

duly noted

it's called Paper Size by the way

sigh
Pages: [1]   Go Up