Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Arca-Swiss M-Line two  (Read 31256 times)

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
New Arca-Swiss M-Line two
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 02:19:17 pm »

the problem with using a 35mm dslr on these kinds of cameras is you have no mid range lens selection, I own a cambo 23d and the rear carrier can be replaced for a canon/nikon mount. Due to the recessed sensor on dslrs nothing under 72mm cannot be used to my knowledge and im not sure how usable the 72 would be. the 28 however does work due to its retro focus design, I think the new rodenstock 40 and 50 hrs are also retro designs so this may solve the problem. Does anyone have experience with how well those dslr sensors with micro lenses take to heavy movement?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 02:22:29 pm by klane »

Leonardo Barreto

• http://leonardobarreto.com/
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 07:16:28 pm »

I use a Mamiya AFD (645) with my Sinar (not the P), an adapter for shifting and 135mm or 180mm. With the 180mm you can make two horizontal (or 2 rows for a total of 4) stitches with no vignetting and there is sufficient amount of tilt and shift from the camera side. When you ad up two lateral captures of this lens you get the same angle as my normal 80mm with the added advantage of being able to focus very close.

This image is an example of a series of captures using that set up, there is focus bracket and 4 stitched images. The 180mm Fujinon is very sharp and working with a Sinar a pleasure, but I'm sure that the ARCA should be more so...

Quote from: klane
the problem with using a 35mm dslr on these kinds of cameras is you have no mid range lens selection, I own a cambo 23d and the rear carrier can be replaced for a canon/nikon mount. Due to the recessed sensor on dslrs nothing under 72mm cannot be used to my knowledge and im not sure how usable the 72 would be. the 28 however does work due to its retro focus design, I think the new rodenstock 40 and 50 hrs are also retro designs so this may solve the problem. Does anyone have experience with how well those dslr sensors with micro lenses take to heavy movement?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:17:40 pm by Leonardo Barreto »
[font=Comic Sa

erick.boileau

• http://
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2009, 02:12:54 am »

I very interested but ...  WHERE are they ?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 03:38:06 am by erick.boileau »

Leonardo Barreto

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2009, 06:11:51 pm »

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=34091

Quote from: erick.boileau
I very interested but ...  WHERE are they ?
[font=Comic Sa

erick.boileau

• http://
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 02:10:52 am »

but no website ....
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 06:53:10 am by erick.boileau »

archivue

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 09:55:33 am »

the 28 schneider digitar is suppose to be in fact the same lens as the 28 PC schneider for nikon, canon, olympus... but without the floating element...

so, far from a perfect lens... and so much easier to use it as a PC lens...

wollom

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 04:05:33 am »

Quote from: tom_l
Havn't seen this one yet, looks like a new small solution for studio

The M-Line two is for use with digital backs
The M-Line slr is for DSLR cameras.

It would be interesting to see how the rear standard links to the DSLR and the MF digital backs.

If the 'moving' part of the rear standard is common to both setups, and the DSLR mounts via a common-place dovetailed L or base plate (tripod mount), the M-line could be a useful tool.  I can imagine using an MF back mounted for the studio for wide angle or tethered shooting; outdoors/on-location mounting a DSLR with self contained live view, and a prism finder might be a better choice.

Wollom

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 02:07:11 pm »

Quote from: wollom
It would be interesting to see how the rear standard links to the DSLR and the MF digital backs.

If the 'moving' part of the rear standard is common to both setups, and the DSLR mounts via a common-place dovetailed L or base plate (tripod mount), the M-line could be a useful tool.  I can imagine using an MF back mounted for the studio for wide angle or tethered shooting; outdoors/on-location mounting a DSLR with self contained live view, and a prism finder might be a better choice.

Wollom

The Cambo ultima already offers this and is much cheaper than I assume the arca will be.

CBarrett

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 02:25:11 pm »

The Cambo ultima already offers this and is much cheaper than I assume the arca will be.

Actually The M Line Two is about the same price as the Cambo Ultima.... and....It's an Arca.  I expect to order mine in a couple weeks to replace or rather, supplement my F Line Compact....  : )

fmo

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2009, 08:34:31 am »

this is my 1st post here in this forum, probably not my last as i ordered my m-line two mf last week, looking very much forward to work with this camera. keep you posted,
frank

BJNY

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2009, 10:01:23 am »

Welcome, Frank.

May I know the price, and when you expect delivery?

Thank you,
Billy
Guillermo

Leonardo Barreto

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2009, 09:23:34 pm »

This one looks interesting, it is the type of thing that would appear in their web site ... if they had one.

(Sorry, I found a post about this camera from about 2 years ago http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/lo...hp/t19553.html)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 09:35:17 pm by Leonardo Barreto »
[font=Comic Sa

BJNY

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2009, 10:23:32 pm »

The Rm3d appeals to me as well.  Any idea of the cost?
Also, are the lenses able to be shared with their equally appealing M-line Two mf view camera?
Guillermo

Leonardo Barreto

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2009, 11:30:13 pm »

Apparently with the Rm3d you can mount your lenses directly on the camera, but you have to take them to ARCA SWISS to calibrate, so probably they will have to be of exclusive use of one or the other system. They seam to be working on an interesting electronic aided focusing range, but don't know if it is out yet. This looks more like a high tech weapon than a camera, so I wouldn't expect it to be cheap. Lets see if the Koreans can/want to copy it...

Quote from: BJNY
The Rm3d appeals to me as well.  Any idea of the cost?
Also, are the lenses able to be shared with their equally appealing M-line Two mf view camera?
[font=Comic Sa

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2009, 03:43:00 am »

if the lenses need to be individually calibrated then there isn't any cost savings compared to having it mounted directly on a helicoid as is the case for other systems
I noticed that the last price quoted for calibration was $910!!!and you don't even get a helicoid!haha

geesbert

• http://www.randlkofer.com
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2009, 03:48:47 am »

Quote from: Leonardo Barreto
They seam to be working on an interesting electronic aided focusing range, but don't know if it is out yet. This looks more like a high tech weapon than a camera, so I wouldn't expect it to be cheap. Lets see if the Koreans can/want to copy it...

this it hearsay, don't know whether it's true: This is more in line to what some competitor (sorry, forgot who it was) at photokina told me what seems to be the core business of Arca: military targeting devices. no need for a website, they don't need to sell cameras. nothing wrong with that, I wonder whether any digital medium format users ever though of the initial aim of someone like dalsa or kodak to develop high resolution chips. I am sure the pentagon is a better client than a few photographer continueing to complain about their melting investments...

maybe it would really help if Arca Swiss told us why they refuse to do the internet thing. I know wandadoo is big in France, which strikes me odd, when even my cleaner has a personal domain.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:00:35 am by geesbert »
-------------------------
[url=http://ww

schaubild

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2009, 06:51:10 am »

Quote from: Leonardo Barreto
..... Lets see if the Koreans can/want to copy it...

What might Cambo, Silvestri and Horseman think about the Arca-France copy?    

Leonardo Barreto

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2009, 06:24:10 pm »

I was just kidding when I said this looked like a sophisticated weapon ... I wonder if the SWISS ARMY KNIFE is or is not a weapon of the Swiss, and where did I get the "fall in love with nice weapons" gene... (not true, I don't like guns)   "what seems to be the core business of Arca: military targeting devices. "... I just loved that. At the same time is a surprise and... not... (allegedly).

Regarding the website, they do own the name www.arcaswiss.com but it is parked. The other interesting thing is that if you click in the ArcaSwiss logo at some distributors website... it is linked to this domain parked ! I think that they care about the photographer user base. Just look at the way they cached one of them promoting the Korean copy of their product. They are probably even reading this as we speak -or type-..

If I sold beautiful gear like ARCA SWISS I would love to show them off on a nice website, but I sort of admire them for not doing so...its cool..  

Quote from: geesbert
this it hearsay, don't know whether it's true: This is more in line to what some competitor (sorry, forgot who it was) at photokina told me what seems to be the core business of Arca: military targeting devices. no need for a website, they don't need to sell cameras. nothing wrong with that, I wonder whether any digital medium format users ever though of the initial aim of someone like dalsa or kodak to develop high resolution chips. I am sure the pentagon is a better client than a few photographer continueing to complain about their melting investments...

maybe it would really help if Arca Swiss told us why they refuse to do the internet thing. I know wandadoo is big in France, which strikes me odd, when even my cleaner has a personal domain.
[font=Comic Sa

fmo

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2009, 12:53:04 pm »

Received the camera yesterday. Mindblowing awesome!

I appreciate very much that the people at Arca Swiss, first of all Martin Vogt take their time to talk about everything on the phone, I always felt in very good hands with all my concerns. Could there be a better support than talking to the head of the company?

And there are sources on the web where you can find some information about the range of Arca Swiss products. Just have a look at arca-shop or precisioncameraworks.

Anyway, I could imagine that their unbelievable nice products would look great on a trendsetting website.

Frank
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:53:50 pm by fmo »

BJNY

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 01:40:49 pm »

Congrats, Frank.

Please post some JPEGs
and please give us your further impressions.

Billy
Guillermo
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up