Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting Sites  (Read 2931 times)

Rob C

Interesting Sites
« on: April 21, 2009, 03:52:36 pm »

Michael

Several times there have been attempts to set up a sort of reference thread for interesting photographic sites. I did just that on Dec 28, 2006 and many other posters followed up with their personal lists of favourites. Others, too, have started similar contributions and there´s one running just now in the "Art" section of the LuLa.

Obviously enough, the march of time renders all these starts redundant because people fail to find them as they are no longer under their noses, as it were, and buried in unspecified threads. This is a hell of a waste of many people´s efforts as well as preventing many others from enjoying what they would otherwise never find.

Would you like to consider setting up a special section devoted exclusively to this growing list from posters, but in a unique location where it can always be found on the title pages?

Rob C

dalethorn

Interesting Sites
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 08:53:40 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
Michael
Several times there have been attempts to set up a sort of reference thread for interesting photographic sites. I did just that on Dec 28, 2006 and many other posters followed up with their personal lists of favourites. Others, too, have started similar contributions and there´s one running just now in the "Art" section of the LuLa.
Obviously enough, the march of time renders all these starts redundant because people fail to find them as they are no longer under their noses, as it were, and buried in unspecified threads. This is a hell of a waste of many people´s efforts as well as preventing many others from enjoying what they would otherwise never find.
Would you like to consider setting up a special section devoted exclusively to this growing list from posters, but in a unique location where it can always be found on the title pages?
Rob C

This could work if people here could rate the sites in the list, and the top rated sites would float to the top, so people wouldn't have to spend a lot of time wading through them.  That would make the list useful.  But what would make it even more useful is if the sites could be rated by different criteria, and users here could sort the ratings by the different criteria, to suit their particular interests.

mike.online

• http://mikedotonline.blogspot.com
Interesting Sites
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 02:17:52 am »

If we go through all that trouble, wouldn't it be nice to have a separate section for anyone to list their blogs? the rating idea is great. It is crazy that I can't find a good list of blogs and sort by location, rating or whatever. everyone has one these days, so why not try to create a listing service?

Hell, I would be willing to write the app myself for you, Micheal.

- Mike

siba

• http://www.stefansiba.com
Interesting Sites
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 10:27:01 am »

A couple of years ago I stumbled onto this site, and it's a relatively comprehensive ongoing collection of photographic websites.

Some are average, some are good, and a fair few are worth looking at. But, what's nice, is that when you have a few minutes, you only have to visit one site to then follow hundreds of links to photo websites.

http://www.photolink.de/photographers/photographers.html

Rob C

Interesting Sites
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 03:06:55 pm »

Quote from: siba
A couple of years ago I stumbled onto this site, and it's a relatively comprehensive ongoing collection of photographic websites.

Some are average, some are good, and a fair few are worth looking at. But, what's nice, is that when you have a few minutes, you only have to visit one site to then follow hundreds of links to photo websites.

http://www.photolink.de/photographers/photographers.html

Siba

Now THAT is some link! Thank you.

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up