Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera self-portrait  (Read 2169 times)

dalethorn

Camera self-portrait
« on: April 21, 2009, 12:11:53 pm »

I was just trying some different apertures with the LX3 in macro mode, and this was the result.

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
Camera self-portrait
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:24:24 pm »

Quote from: dalethorn
I was just trying some different apertures with the LX3 in macro mode, and this was the result.
You have some very interesting geometric shapes there.  The noise to my eye looks very much like film grain.  It doesn't look like "normal" noise.  Very aesthetically pleasing.

popnfresh

Camera self-portrait
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 12:47:08 pm »

Best darn picture of a lens cap I ever seen.

Jeremy Payne

Camera self-portrait
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 01:17:19 pm »

Try it B&W.

dalethorn

Camera self-portrait
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 03:50:07 pm »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
Try it B&W.

Here's a simple conversion. I see that local contrast shifted in several areas, although the original was nearly B&W to begin with. I'm curious what other people would do to change the overall balance of details, other than simply fading or intensifying the overall image.

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
Camera self-portrait
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 04:45:51 pm »

Here's a simple conversion. I see that local contrast shifted in several areas, although the original was nearly B&W to begin with. I'm curious what other people would do to change the overall balance of details, other than simply fading or intensifying the overall image.
What about a touch of Local contrast enhancement to define the cap a little more?

Result is subtle, but quite evident when toggling 2 images over each other.

Julie

dalethorn

Camera self-portrait
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 08:43:28 pm »

Quote from: jule
What about a touch of Local contrast enhancement to define the cap a little more?
Result is subtle, but quite evident when toggling 2 images over each other.
Julie

That definitely worked.  It brought up the highlights all along the top edge, particularly where the string attaches to the cap, which is the focal point as I saw it.  The effect seems to be like sharpening without increasing the noise, so that's a plus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up