Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 4.7 and the mac  (Read 23829 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2009, 09:36:58 am »

Quote from: Snook
Like I said the Laptop has been the main disaster and I do not see how an unistall of preference files are going to help that.. But will just go back to 4.6.3 until then

Snook, are you serious? You have not done the uninstall/reinstall that I suggested? It takes 2 minutes!

I have helped you personally several times with C1 issues; why would doubt the veracity of my advice? ("I do not see how an uninstall... [will] help").

I cannot guarantee this will solve your problems but it is very likely. Please follow our instructions for uninstalling and reinstall.

Quote from: BernardLanguillier
How do you explain the fact that 4.6.3 was working perfectly?

As stated before: sometimes the process of installing C1 without first removing the app-support and preference files of the previous versions can cause issues. Again, uninstall the previous version and install the new version and chances are very very good everything will run smoothly.

Could be... that's why many software providers come up with an un-install utility that knows where to look...

Absolutely true. In this regard C1 sucks for not having a proper uninstaller. However, it takes 2 minutes to read and follow the uninstall article I have been posting since the start of this thread.

Doug

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2009, 09:53:01 am »

Could be... that's why many software providers come up with an un-install utility that knows where to look...

Cheers,
Bernard

I agree a good uninstaller specifically for the program itself is much needed and that goes for all software if even only 1 file sits outside the primary applications folder. Should be a law on this one.

Little trick here if when reinstalling C1 and it does not ask to activate or knows who you are than you did not get all the files.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 09:57:35 am by Guy Mancuso »
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2009, 09:55:00 am »

Hate to say this Snook but maybe even a clean install maybe worth all the effort. Just wipe the hard drive and zero it out and start fresh. If you do that make sure you deactivate Abode and some other programs first. It's a royal PITA but worth it in the end.
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

Snook

C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2009, 11:28:12 am »

Quote from: Guy Mancuso
I agree a good uninstaller specifically for the program itself is much needed and that goes for all software if even only 1 file sits outside the primary applications folder. Should be a law on this one.

Little trick here if when reinstalling C1 and it does not ask to activate or knows who you are than you did not get all the files.

I downloaded and bought a while back a application called Clean Mac I think and tried it yesterday.. it reased evrything to do with C-1 even the DMG of the install download...:+}

Thanks for the suggestions Guy.

I installed 4.6.3 and will wait for 4.7.1 or 4.8  to make sure they fix it a little more. It was a PITA 4.7

Thanks again

Snook
I hope they get it worked out, atleast before Saber comes out 10.6 and they have to start all over again.
How is the PC version of 4.7 any comments?

Doug Peterson

C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2009, 12:58:07 pm »

I downloaded and bought a while back a application called Clean Mac I think and tried it yesterday.. it reased evrything to do with C-1 even the DMG of the install download...:+}

Thanks for the suggestions Guy.

I installed 4.6.3 and will wait for 4.7.1 or 4.8  to make sure they fix it a little more. It was a PITA 4.7

Thanks again

Snook
I hope they get it worked out, atleast before Saber comes out 10.6 and they have to start all over again.
How is the PC version of 4.7 any comments?

Snook: did you ever run 4.7 from a clean install?? If not, please don't judge it's stability.

Doug

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2009, 01:25:36 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Snook: did you ever run 4.7 from a clean install?? If not, please don't judge it's stability.

Doug,

Are we at the end of the road for version 3?   I noticed that tethered support for most cameras in version 3.79 is not supported for osx 10.5.

What options are we given here, because  there are few new macs that come with anything but 10.5.

Once again new software always comes with an "uh oh" and I know that Phase needs/wants to progress, that is commendable, but until version 4 is locked down stable (for all users) 3 should continue on.

JRR

Doug Peterson

C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2009, 01:38:51 pm »

Quote from: James R Russell
Doug,

Are we at the end of the road for version 3?   I noticed that tethered support for most cameras in version 3.79 is not supported for osx 10.5.

JRR

I'm guessing you read "Canon (not on Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard)" in the release notes PDF included in the installer. This statement in the release notes is wrong.

After removing the Type8Camera.app file 3.7.9 works just fine in 10.5 and has tethered support for all of the pro firewire Canon dSLRs (1D, 1Ds, 1DII, 1DsII).

selsoe

C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2009, 01:43:18 pm »

Quote from: James R Russell
Doug,

What options are we given here, because  there are few new macs that come with anything but 10.5.

Once again new software always comes with an "uh oh" and I know that Phase needs/wants to progress, that is commendable, but until version 4 is locked down stable (for all users) 3 should continue on.

JRR

3.7 is no longer developed further.  However I think you can still contact Phase One for support.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2009, 05:56:54 pm »

Absolutely true. In this regard C1 sucks for not having a proper uninstaller. However, it takes 2 minutes to read and follow the uninstall article I have been posting since the start of this thread.

Doug,

Thanks for the link, I'll try again following the instructions that you have provided. Sorry, I must have missed the earlier post in which you advised the procedure.

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2009, 06:25:34 pm »

Doug,

Thanks for the link, I'll try again following the instructions that you have provided. Sorry, I must have missed the earlier post in which you advised the procedure.

Bernard

Doug,

I just went through the advised procedure, and the application appears to be much more stable indeed. Thanks again for your kind help.

Considering this, it seems totally obvious that Phaseone should really automate this procedure as part of the upgrade process.

Cheers,
Bernard

E_Edwards

C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2009, 06:55:56 pm »

This reinstalling CO properly is all very well, but does it solve the actual problem of it freezing after about 100 pictures (Canon 5DMKII) as it always does using the Canon software?

Rick_Allen

• http://www.rapdigital.net
C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2009, 07:10:06 pm »

Quote from: E_Edwards
This reinstalling CO properly is all very well, but does it solve the actual problem of it freezing after about 100 pictures (Canon 5DMKII) as it always does using the Canon software?

This bug was introduced with osx 10.5.6 and is not the fault of phase. Apple needs to fix this. In the mean time you can try 10.5.5. Slower download speeds but more stable. I wish phase allowed saving to card and computer simultaneously So that we could tether for the first few to check everything is ok and the yank the cable and continue shooting to card and download after the shot.
Rick Allen
[url=http://www.rapdigital.ne

Doug Peterson

C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2009, 07:20:10 pm »

Doug,

I just went through the advised procedure, and the application appears to be much more stable indeed. Thanks again for your kind help.

Considering this, it seems totally obvious that Phaseone should really automate this procedure as part of the upgrade process.

Cheers,
Bernard

Glad it helped! Now all we need is for Snook to do the same.    All things considered the procedure is pretty quick and easy but I totally agree that having an official uninstall program as an option during install would be highly preferential.

Quote from: Rick_Allen
I wish phase allowed saving to card and computer simultaneously So that we could tether for the first few to check everything is ok and the yank the cable and continue shooting to card and download after the shot.

That would be nice. My understanding from Denmark is that this is an option that would have to be added to Canon's SDK. It is a really neat feature of Canon's software.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:23:40 pm by dougpetersonci »

BernardLanguillier

C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2009, 08:05:56 pm »

All things considered the procedure is pretty quick and easy but I totally agree that having an official uninstall program as an option during install would be highly preferential.

You are right, it is indeed very easy to do, but unless you have had such problems before, you just don't suspect that a clean install might be required for something as unsignifncant as a .x upgrade to avoid stability issues.

Anyway, I should probably direct this comment to phase developpers instead. :-) Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

Cheers,
Bernard

Snook

C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2009, 08:10:42 pm »

Glad it helped! Now all we need is for Snook to do the same.    All things considered the procedure is pretty quick and easy but I totally agree that having an official uninstall program as an option during install would be highly preferential.

That would be nice. My understanding from Denmark is that this is an option that would have to be added to Canon's SDK. It is a really neat feature of Canon's software.

I'll give a try again after the next 5 days of catalogue...

On a side note, Anybody remember how to stop 4.6.3 from opening everytie I stick a CF card in my reader..
Thanks for any info.

Thanks Doug and no hard feelings  , it's just what I feel. I really like C-1 up until the last update. But I will have to try and do a re-install after clean like the previous poster  stated which seem to "cure" his problems.

Snook

gwhitf

C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2009, 08:22:40 pm »

The Phase developers seem to be quite busy working on their absolutely awesome application for their absolutely awesome iPhone toy.

So have a seat in the lobby, take a number, and wait your turn. There are awesomer priorities ahead of you. It's the silly little inconsequential things like having the Application installed cleanly that clearly should take a back seat to ninety-nine cent iPhone apps that are being developed.

Anyway, I should probably direct this comment to phase developpers instead. :-) Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

Cheers,
Bernard

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2009, 09:14:22 pm »

I've given up trying to understand the priorities of the software world. Every time I ask my programmer to add a feature he cannot be bothered to test it.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Doug Peterson

C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2009, 09:22:03 pm »

I'll give a try again after the next 5 days of catalogue...

On a side note, Anybody remember how to stop 4.6.3 from opening everytie I stick a CF card in my reader..
Thanks for any info.

Thanks Doug and no hard feelings  , it's just what I feel. I really like C-1 up until the last update. But I will have to try and do a re-install after clean like the previous poster  stated which seem to "cure" his problems.

Snook

Applications / image capture > preferences

Quote from: gwhitf
The Phase developers seem to be quite busy working on their absolutely awesome application for their absolutely awesome iPhone toy.

So have a seat in the lobby, take a number, and wait your turn. There are awesomer priorities ahead of you. It's the silly little inconsequential things like having the Application installed cleanly that clearly should take a back seat to ninety-nine cent iPhone apps that are being developed.

We don't have an iPhone app in the works.

The need to reinstall is not very common, but your point is taken.

Snook

C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2009, 10:03:04 pm »

I have a program called AirMouse for the Iphone and I made a script to do the Apple+K to shoot remotely with the iphone.. It works great by the way..:+}

PS> Doug I Did not want to start another thread and was wondering if you know where I can buy thos Laptop holders for mounting Latop to a tripod..
Thanks a lot
Snook

bcooter

C1 4.7 and the mac
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2009, 11:05:28 am »

Quote from: gwhitf

Now let's be kind.

I look forward to an Iphone app for my P30+.  Yesterday I did a location scouting with a client.  I would have taken the Phase but let's be realistic, the AD can't see much on the Phase back so instead I took a Nikon.

Now if I had the I phone App the scene would have been much different.  I would pull up to the location, set up the laptop, an inverter, a airport express, and a charged Iphone.

Get all three running in sync and then hand the client my iphone and say look at the lcd here as I shoot and you can see the locations in all thier glory.

That would have been much easier than just showing him the images on the Nikon's 3" lcd.

B
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up