Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for information  (Read 1337 times)

piko

• http://mclarenphotographers.com
Looking for information
« on: April 17, 2009, 04:14:27 pm »

Looking for  the printing experts????? I placed this message in the forum 2 days ago hoping to get a hands on  informative reply. but no response, is it my fault? am i in the wrong forum? as this is my first post did i do something wrong? I have been a lurker on the side line for 3 years and on my first post i get nothing.................Nada......................

Guess i will call HP up

Hi everyone, I have a HP Z3100 arriving next week and would like to know if i can use rolls of the new HP Paper "Baryte Satin" with this printer? I understand that it was formulated for the newer Z3200 printer but really like the feel of the Baryte satin and would like to purchase a roll. So, If anyone know whether i can print on it with the z3100 please get back to me.
Stupid question, Why can't i change out the old red ink, put in the new red and become a Z3100??

Mahalo, Peter

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
Looking for information
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 04:57:03 pm »

You should have no problem using that paper in the z3100, just profile it, like any other paper.  The Z3200 Red Cartridge (CD951A) is a different part than the Z3100 Red Cartridge (C9456A) - they are not interchangeable

hth - John

piko

• http://mclarenphotographers.com
Looking for information
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 07:23:30 pm »

Quote from: Joh.Murray
You should have no problem using that paper in the z3100, just profile it, like any other paper.  The Z3200 Red Cartridge (CD951A) is a different part than the Z3100 Red Cartridge (C9456A) - they are not interchangeable

hth - John

Thanks John, I kind of figured that it would be OK but didn't want to just "chance it" at $150+ a roll plus shipping to Hawaii one doesn't want to make mistakes. I have a show coming up in 4 weeks so decided to purchase the printer and do my own Black & Whites. I researched the difference in carts, pity as it would have been a cheap upgrade.
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up