Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Icc ProPhoto  (Read 4289 times)

ggiannini

Icc ProPhoto
« on: April 17, 2009, 04:00:29 pm »

Hello.

I would like to take pictures with ICC ProPhoto. The camera is a Canon D 60.
I put the ICC ProPhoto in to the camera settings but the camera still taking pictures on Adobe RGB.
Is it posible to use the ICC ProPhoto on these camera???
Thanks
ggiannini

Jon Meddings

Icc ProPhoto
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 04:22:59 pm »

Quote from: ggiannini
Hello.

I would like to take pictures with ICC ProPhoto. The camera is a Canon D 60.
I put the ICC ProPhoto in to the camera settings but the camera still taking pictures on Adobe RGB.
Is it posible to use the ICC ProPhoto on these camera???
Thanks
ggiannini

I'm not sure what you mean by 'put the ICC ProPhoto in to the camera". That camera will convert sensor data into either aRGB or sRGB based on the settings if you are converting to a jpeg file. Much better option would be to shoot in RAW and then convert on your computer (using Lightroom or any other RAW developing program) into the ProPhoto colorspace. Hope this helps.

ggiannini

Icc ProPhoto
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 07:51:22 pm »

Quote from: Jon Meddings
I'm not sure what you mean by 'put the ICC ProPhoto in to the camera". That camera will convert sensor data into either aRGB or sRGB based on the settings if you are converting to a jpeg file. Much better option would be to shoot in RAW and then convert on your computer (using Lightroom or any other RAW developing program) into the ProPhoto colorspace. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much.
It is difficult to explain.
can you see those sites place??
http://luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/prophoto-rgb.shtml

http://www.johnpaulcaponigro.com/wordpress...lor-conversions

You will understand.

Thanks again

howardm

Icc ProPhoto
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 08:07:30 pm »

you have to be shooting raw to do any of that.

the camera has sRGB & aRGB and that controls it's JPG output.

there really is no color space (or white balance) with a raw file; you develop it and essentially assign it.

Paul Sumi

Icc ProPhoto
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 08:08:02 pm »

Quote from: ggiannini
Thank you very much.
It is difficult to explain.
can you see those sites place??
http://luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/prophoto-rgb.shtml

http://www.johnpaulcaponigro.com/wordpress...lor-conversions

You will understand.

Thanks again

The simple answer is to shoot in RAW, not JPG.

Don't worry that you are not able to to set ProPhoto colorspace in your camera.  At the time you take your photograph it doesn't matter what colorspace the camera is set to as long as you shoot RAW.

Back at home use your favorite RAW converter, PhotoShop, LightRoom, etc, and convert the RAW to TIFF or PhotoShop format using ProPhoto colorspace and 16 bit format.

Paul
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 08:35:45 pm by PaulS »

Jeremy Payne

Icc ProPhoto
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 08:13:46 pm »

The thing is ... you can't "take pictures with PhotoProRGB" ... but what you can do is take pictures with your camera in "RAW" mode, download the RAW file to your computer and then use a RAW converter like Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) or similar which allows you to "develop" the RAW data as an image and furthermore you can choose the color space to use ... PhotoPro, Adobe, sRGB, etc.  I think that's what you are looking for.

If you use Lightroom, it uses PhotoPro as the native working space and allows you to easily export files with other profiles.

ggiannini

Icc ProPhoto
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 09:39:15 pm »

[quote name='Jeremy Payne' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:13 PM' post='277185']
The thing is ... you can't "take pictures with PhotoProRGB" ... but what you can do is take pictures with your camera in "RAW" mode, download the RAW file to your computer and then use a RAW converter like Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) or similar which allows you to "develop" the RAW data as an image and furthermore you can choose the color space to use ... PhotoPro, Adobe, sRGB, etc.  I think that's what you are looking for.

If you use Lightroom, it uses PhotoPro as the native working space and allows you to easily export files with other profiles.
[/quote

Thank you very much to anyone.I am clear now.
ggiannini
Pages: [1]   Go Up