Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sandstone & Sea  (Read 1494 times)

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
Sandstone & Sea
« on: April 17, 2009, 12:05:48 pm »

I took this last weekend.  I tried making it work in monochrome, but it practically screamed to be left in color...

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Sandstone & Sea
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 01:08:19 pm »

Quote from: jasonrandolph
I took this last weekend.  I tried making it work in monochrome, but it practically screamed to be left in color...

That's a really lovely photo - your sense of composition is great! But, it looks too Photoshopped - no one who has spent much time at the ocean (that's me) would believe the water color. Also, at the top right, the shadows in the rocks are blocked - perhaps unavoidable, but that spit of land is the heaviest element in the photo.

Where is this? It looks like a photographer's heaven!

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
Sandstone & Sea
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 01:37:57 pm »

Quote from: PeterAit
That's a really lovely photo - your sense of composition is great! But, it looks too Photoshopped - no one who has spent much time at the ocean (that's me) would believe the water color. Also, at the top right, the shadows in the rocks are blocked - perhaps unavoidable, but that spit of land is the heaviest element in the photo.

Where is this? It looks like a photographer's heaven!
Thanks Peter.  I did a Vibrance adjustment in LR2.3, but this was about what I saw in my "photographer's eye".  The light was a bit flat that day.  I agree, the upper right needs some more work.  I'll see if I can open up the shadows a bit.

As for the location, it's on the southeast side of Oahu, between Hanauma Bay and Halona Blowhole for anyone who's been to Hawai'i.  There really is a little bit of everything in Hawai'i, even snow (on the Big Island), and I'm not complaining.
Pages: [1]   Go Up