Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative suite for photographers:  (Read 1433 times)

Gurglamei

Creative suite for photographers:
« on: April 17, 2009, 09:19:22 am »

I am a Photographer on the verge of going beyond Photoshop. I looked through the different creative Suits to find one that could suit me, but found that none of them really address my needs: Digital photography, photo books (Blurb etc) and maintaining a web site.  If you look at their current CS Design Standard and Design Premium, they don´t really fit.

On the spur of the moment I mailed a feature request to Adobe Creative Suite for a version aimed at photographers needs. I thought I could follow up and see what photographers here think about such a suite, and which programs they would like to find in it.

I am certainly no expert on this and have little experience beside Photoshop and Lightroom. My suggestion may thus be a bit uninformed. However I can´t imagine I would need Photoshop extended or Illustrator. So my suggestion would be:

Photoshop basic
Lightroom if possible
Indesign
Dreamweaver
Adobe reader pro

Anyone care to comment?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 09:23:58 am by Gurglamei »

lightstand

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 11:10:14 am »

[quote name='Gurglamei' date='Apr 17 2009, 02:19 PM' post='277068']
 I thought I could follow up and see what photographers here think about such a suite, and which programs they would like to find in it.

I absolutely agree that the suites are designed more to sell you additional individual software or forcing you into a Master Suite to get the programs you need while paying for a bunch of programs you are never going to use instead of being a practical solution. I personally would love to see that ability to mix and match different individual software programs to create a suite. To add to your list I think every Suite should have Acrobat Pro plain & simple. Instead of updating Dreamweaver I am changing over to a robust text editor- for two hundred less.  I would like to see Lightroom & Bridge merge eliminating having two programs that are similar. And even though I am only a lowly still photographer software for motion is critical or at least will become critical.

my two pennies

p.s. this topic might be better suited to the coffee corner at the bottom of the forums
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:14:31 am by lightstand »

Gurglamei

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 03:34:02 am »

p.s. this topic might be better suited to the coffee corner at the bottom of the forums
[/quote]

Thanks for your thoughts on the topic, and the topic is now continued at the coffee corner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up