Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename Backup Files in Photo Downloader?  (Read 1253 times)

ternst

Rename Backup Files in Photo Downloader?
« on: April 16, 2009, 05:28:13 pm »

When using Photo Downloader within Bridge (Mac CS4) to download and rename files, and to make a second/backup copy of the files on an external hard drive at the same time, only the original copy of the file is renamed - the backup copy retains the original file name assigned by the camera. Is there a way to have the backup copy renamed at the same time, or is the only way to do a manual batch rename within Bridge later? (that would seem counter-productive) There must be a simple solution that I am just missing. Thanks for any info...

Sigi

• http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/default.aspx?id=267034&mp=V2
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:59:45 am »

Quote from: ternst
When using Photo Downloader within Bridge (Mac CS4) to download and rename files, and to make a second/backup copy of the files on an external hard drive at the same time, only the original copy of the file is renamed - the backup copy retains the original file name assigned by the camera. Is there a way to have the backup copy renamed at the same time, or is the only way to do a manual batch rename within Bridge later? (that would seem counter-productive) There must be a simple solution that I am just missing. Thanks for any info...

Hi
you can do that with Imageingester Pro

Sigi

ternst

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 05:41:22 am »

Thanks Sigi - I know there are many other programs that will do this (and lots more neat stuff), but I was asking about the Photo Downloader part of Photoshop - seems to be something they forgot to include, or perhaps no one else really needs this but it sure would be nice (or I simply can't figure out how to do it, which is why I asked)...
Pages: [1]   Go Up