Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portrait from India  (Read 2130 times)

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
Portrait from India
« on: April 16, 2009, 04:38:03 am »

Here is a portrait I took on a recent trip to India. Please comment.

deeyas

• http://www.sayeedmahmood.com
Portrait from India
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 10:01:31 am »

Sharp image, but doesn't hold my interest as it doesn't tell a story. Not a fan of the white space. I do like the rich color.
You have some beautiful images on your website!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:12:55 am by deeyas »

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
Portrait from India
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 01:27:22 pm »

Quote from: deeyas
Sharp image, but doesn't hold my interest as it doesn't tell a story. Not a fan of the white space. I do like the rich color.

I have to agree with deeyas on t his one.  While it is a nice photograph of the woman in the front, the one in back I feel is done a disservice by the narrow DOF.  I also would like to see the surroundings rather than white space.  If this was a studio portrait, the white space might be appropriate, but there is no visual connection with India, as the title suggests.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
Portrait from India
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 02:01:45 pm »

You are right that there is no context or surroundings that tell that this is India, but the clothing indicates, though. But do you always feel you need some context when you make a portrait of people? The white comes from backlight. I didn't have the opportunity to ask the girls to move around.

Thanks!

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Portrait from India
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 02:10:06 am »

Quote from: jasonrandolph
I have to agree with deeyas on t his one.  While it is a nice photograph of the woman in the front, the one in back I feel is done a disservice by the narrow DOF.  I also would like to see the surroundings rather than white space.  If this was a studio portrait, the white space might be appropriate, but there is no visual connection with India, as the title suggests.

This was my thought as well...  Hey, you asked!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up