Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: framing  (Read 2255 times)

Melodi

• http://
framing
« on: April 15, 2009, 12:03:11 pm »

I admire the minimalist look of frameless frames (glass only); however, I was cautioned that these are not really used so much any more because they are not sealed and let in dust and bugs.  Has anyone had any experience with these?  Are they not acceptable for showing your work?  Is there a  way to seal them, while keeping the same minimalist appeal?  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

dalethorn

framing
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 03:30:11 pm »

Quote from: Melodi
I admire the minimalist look of frameless frames (glass only); however, I was cautioned that these are not really used so much any more because they are not sealed and let in dust and bugs.  Has anyone had any experience with these?  Are they not acceptable for showing your work?  Is there a  way to seal them, while keeping the same minimalist appeal?  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I did a couple of Google searches and there are many to choose from. Most have coloring or artifacts around the edges - very few are completely transparent.  I could not find the type I was looking for, which are sealed as well as a typical metal or wood frame, but all glass, with round glass fasteners that keep the frame closed tight.  Very expensive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up