Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copenhagen, early May  (Read 2892 times)

Christos Andronis

• Christos Andronis Photography
Copenhagen, early May
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:13:33 am »

Hello all,

My wife and I will be in Copenhagen for three days, in a couple of weeks time (beginning of May). Does any one of you have some advice on interesting locations to shoot in or around the city (especially with regards to landscape/architectural photography) ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

- Christos

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
Copenhagen, early May
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 07:53:36 am »

Quote from: candron
Hello all,

My wife and I will be in Copenhagen for three days, in a couple of weeks time (beginning of May). Does any one of you have some advice on interesting locations to shoot in or around the city (especially with regards to landscape/architectural photography) ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

- Christos

For architecture you should try a visit to the round tower of Copenhagen.

[attachment=13042:copenhagen.jpg]

Ronny
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

Christos Andronis

Copenhagen, early May
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 08:15:57 am »

Quote from: ronnynil
For architecture you should try a visit to the round tower of Copenhagen.

[attachment=13042:copenhagen.jpg]

Ronny

Thanks for the tip Ronny. This is a nice picture.

- Christos

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Copenhagen, early May
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 03:40:56 am »

If you're going to Copenhagen you can't miss the 'Little Mermaid'!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
Copenhagen, early May
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 04:24:08 am »

Quote from: candron
Thanks for the tip Ronny. This is a nice picture.

- Christos

If you take the train north to Klampenborg station (15-20 min?) you will get to a large open park with a tivoli, to the bnorth of that The Royal Deer Park. Lots of deer that walks free there to photograph. Don't have a picture from there on this computer... Lots of trees and landscape possibilities as well. The park is large, so plan on spending the day there.

Ronny
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

Alexandre Buisse

• http://www.alexandrebuisse.org
Copenhagen, early May
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 06:38:26 pm »

Here's a shot of the place Ronny talked about (Dyrehaven in Danish):

The little mermaid has no interest whatsoever, I'd advise you to skip it entirely (unless you want the vacation snapshot). Copenhagen is pretty interesting architecturally, with e.g. the Black Diamond library or the new Concert Hall on Nyhavn. The somewhat new neighbourhood of Ørestad (subway to DR-Byen or Islands Brygge) has some brand new buildings that are pretty good-looking (I work in one of them). More traditional stuff is mostly located in the centre, with lots of churches and old nice buildings. A bit less known but definitely great to photograph are the old navy buildings, just to the west of Kastellet (the fort next to which the little mermaid is located): completely yellow buildings with lovely simple lines, see e.g. here or there.

Landscapes are a bit tougher to find. The beach at amagerstrand is quite nice, with a great view of the bridge to Sweden (here). Dyrehaven is also pretty good. For the skyline, the top of the round tower is hard to beat. The lakes located in the centre of the city are usually quite nice, especially after sunset (here or there).

Christos Andronis

Copenhagen, early May
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 03:11:33 am »

Quote from: Alexandre Buisse
Here's a shot of the place Ronny talked about (Dyrehaven in Danish):

The little mermaid has no interest whatsoever, I'd advise you to skip it entirely (unless you want the vacation snapshot). Copenhagen is pretty interesting architecturally, with e.g. the Black Diamond library or the new Concert Hall on Nyhavn. The somewhat new neighbourhood of Ørestad (subway to DR-Byen or Islands Brygge) has some brand new buildings that are pretty good-looking (I work in one of them). More traditional stuff is mostly located in the centre, with lots of churches and old nice buildings. A bit less known but definitely great to photograph are the old navy buildings, just to the west of Kastellet (the fort next to which the little mermaid is located): completely yellow buildings with lovely simple lines, see e.g. here or there.

Landscapes are a bit tougher to find. The beach at amagerstrand is quite nice, with a great view of the bridge to Sweden (here). Dyrehaven is also pretty good. For the skyline, the top of the round tower is hard to beat. The lakes located in the centre of the city are usually quite nice, especially after sunset (here or there).

Thank you all for the advice. I was away from my computer for a few days (shooting the colourful Greek spring - more on this soon), therefore, couldn't respond earlier. In any case, lots of great information here! Although, I primarily shoot landscapes, I like the idea of the round tower and the old navy buildings. Time permitting, I'll try to make it to Dyrehaven as well. Looks like there will be some nice photo opportunities there.

Best regards,

- Christos
Pages: [1]   Go Up