Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print Settings for Moab / Lost Luggage / Pina Zangaro Pre-Drilled Paper?  (Read 4176 times)

jlp

Hello,

Wondering if anyone out there is using the pre-scored & drilled Lost Luggage (moab) paper?  If so, any chance you could pass on some tips on workflow / print settings?  I'm having trouble setting up custom paper sizes on my Epson R1900 & would love some tips on how to approach this (ie:  how to get the printer to print borderless on custom sized rear-feeded paper?)

Thanks in advance!!

jp

howardm

Print Settings for Moab / Lost Luggage / Pina Zangaro Pre-Drilled Paper?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 09:56:31 am »

from what I've seen/read, many (most?) Epson drivers will only do boarderless for known pre-defined sizes (and then only some sizes).

I know that's how it is on my 3800 and I'm assuming yours is no different.

jlp

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 01:02:08 pm »

That's what I was worried about, but I thought perhaps there was someone out there with an Epson who made it work.  Seems strange that there are no instructions anywhere (I've searched and searched).

Thanks anyhow!

jp

colinm

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:09:33 pm »

Depending on the printer (I think it should work on the R1900), you can simply lie to the printer and set your print up for a size for which borderless is supported.

Colin

abiggs

• http://www.andybiggs.com
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 02:30:25 pm »

Quote from: howardm
from what I've seen/read, many (most?) Epson drivers will only do boarderless for known pre-defined sizes (and then only some sizes).

I know that's how it is on my 3800 and I'm assuming yours is no different.

Exactly. This is a printer to printer and sometimes driver to driver version difference. Kind of drives you nuts. In my experience Epson only allows borderless for photo type papers in predefined sizes, and often won't let you do borderless for fine art papers. I suspect it has to do with the additional risk of printing on thicker paper and having the print heads strike the paper at the edges. Not sure.
Andy Biggs
[url=http://www.andybiggs.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up