Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cropping madness  (Read 2044 times)

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Cropping madness
« on: April 13, 2009, 08:08:52 am »

I must be missing something. I'm trying to crop a bunch of photos to a fixed aspect ratio for thumbnails, 13 by 15 units (width by height). But every time I enter 13 by 15 into the crop tool aspect ratio, I get 15 by 13. I thought my eyes were playing a trick on me, so I even verified this with 2x3 and 3x2 and using the cropped dimensions info: the result is the same, landscape crop no matter which order the numbers are entered in.

How do I get LR 2.2 to crop to portrait aspect ratio without doing time intensive rotation?

Tony Pearce

Cropping madness
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 08:56:42 am »

just grab the corner of the crop rectangle and drag it around in a circle until it 'pops' into prtrait orientation.

feppe

Cropping madness
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 12:04:08 pm »

Quote from: Tony Pearce
just grab the corner of the crop rectangle and drag it around in a circle until it 'pops' into prtrait orientation.

Yeah, I know how to get there manually, but the whole point is to batch the process for tens or hundreds of thumbnails. Syncing the crop aspect ratio would work if I could force LR to crop in portrait orientation.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 12:12:16 pm by feppe »

Pete Ferling

Cropping madness
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 01:10:18 pm »

Quote from: feppe
Yeah, I know how to get there manually, but the whole point is to batch the process for tens or hundreds of thumbnails. Syncing the crop aspect ratio would work if I could force LR to crop in portrait orientation.

In develop mode, set the first crop manually, select all thumbs in the bottom bar, then select sync and choose crop feature.

feppe

Cropping madness
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 01:19:54 pm »

Quote from: Pete Ferling
In develop mode, set the first crop manually, select all thumbs in the bottom bar, then select sync and choose crop feature.

I'm not making myself clear.

I know how to sync, that's the whole point. But LR is cropping the images in either portrait or landscape orientation based on their original orientation. In other words, when I sync the images, they are cropped to the 13 by 15 aspect ratio, but some are portraits, some landscapes. I'd like to force LR to crop all of them to portrait, which I don't know how to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up