Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Missing Custom paper in Photoshop  (Read 2119 times)

markdfink

Z3100 Missing Custom paper in Photoshop
« on: April 12, 2009, 04:09:52 pm »

I profiled and created a new custom paper for the Breathing Color Chromata White canvas. All went smoothly, and I see the paper type on the printer panel as well as listed in the Color Center. However, when I go to print from Photoshop, I don't see it listed under the Custom types. Two others I profiled several months ago are listed, so I know I've done this successfully before. My guess is that the latest update changed something and there is another hoop for me to jump through.

In the Color Center, I tried the Update Paper List, but that told me that the printer and computer were both up to date and didn't need to be synchronized. I'm using Vista Home Premium, PS3, and version 4.1.100.1332 of the driver and version TR12-TR_07_00_00-3 of the firmware (dated 2/18/2009), so I think I'm running the latest and greatest.

Has anyone else come across this? I did see a reference to this behavior on this post - http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/lo...php/t17686.html - but didn't see any resolution to the issue. Plus, it was back in 2007.

Thanks,

Mark
www.northernlight.net
www.pinnacle-vr.com

walter.sk

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 04:36:19 pm »

Quote from: markdfink
I profiled and created a new custom paper for the Breathing Color Chromata White canvas. All went smoothly, and I see the paper type on the printer panel as well as listed in the Color Center. However, when I go to print from Photoshop, I don't see it listed under the Custom types. Two others I profiled several months ago are listed, so I know I've done this successfully before. My guess is that the latest update changed something and there is another hoop for me to jump through.

In the Color Center, I tried the Update Paper List, but that told me that the printer and computer were both up to date and didn't need to be synchronized. I'm using Vista Home Premium, PS3, and version 4.1.100.1332 of the driver and version TR12-TR_07_00_00-3 of the firmware (dated 2/18/2009), so I think I'm running the latest and greatest.

Has anyone else come across this? I did see a reference to this behavior on this post - http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/lo...php/t17686.html - but didn't see any resolution to the issue. Plus, it was back in 2007.

Thanks,

Mark
www.northernlight.net
www.pinnacle-vr.com
I don't have that problem but I do have a custom paper issue with my Z3100 software.  I get a constant message that I need to update my paper list between the computer and printer, which I have done several times but continue to get the message in the printer driver.  Somehow I think both our problems are connected.

markdfink

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 08:36:53 am »

Here's an update. Since I first posted this, I have spent a bit of time on the phone with HP support out of Costa Rica. One of the calls lasted about two hours. Unfortunately, no resolution, so I still have the same problem. At one point, they said it looked like an Adobe (Photoshop) problem, and I should contact Adobe. I did, and Adobe very wisely asked me if I was having the same issue printing from other applications. I hadn't thought of trying that since I only use Photoshop to print to the Z3100. Sure enough, when printing from Word, the same problem occurs, which is no suprise since it is the HP driver where this is all happening.

I forwarded those test results to HP about two weeks ago and haven't heard back yet. What was interesting what that HP Support said they always leave that setting on the "Any Paper" choice. So, that brings up a follow up question - what is the purpose of that dialog box? (That question didn't pop into my head at the time that I was on the phone with HP.) Does anyone know if there is any purpose to choosing a paper from the list in that dialog box? In the Photoshop print driver, I'm specifying the profile, etc...

Thanks,

Mark

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 09:29:13 am »

Quote from: markdfink

Thanks,

Mark
www.northernlight.net
www.pinnacle-vr.com

Mark,

So far I have not had that issue (same latest firmware) but you could try some things like assigning another profile to that media preset with Printer Utility and Synchronise the total again check Photoshop and if it works assign the correct profile again and synchronise. Synchronise probably will not be needed as with one system it does it already in the profile assign stage.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

New: Dinkla Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html

petermarrek

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 10:57:36 am »

Have a similar problem. When I prrint from my laptop[ I have to enter a paper / roll size, when printing from my main computer (CS4) ther is no roll size option. I realize that as long as the print size is smaller than the paper, it's ok, Neither HP or Adobe had an answer.

markdfink

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 11:13:47 am »

Quote from: Ernst Dinkla
Mark,

So far I have not had that issue (same latest firmware) but you could try some things like assigning another profile to that media preset with Printer Utility and Synchronise the total again check Photoshop and if it works assign the correct profile again and synchronise. Synchronise probably will not be needed as with one system it does it already in the profile assign stage.

Hi Ernst,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not quite sure I follow what to do. I'm in the "Change Printing Properties" part of the Color Center, but I don't see where to assign a different profile.

Thanks,

Mark

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 11:27:03 am »

Quote from: petermarrek
Have a similar problem. When I prrint from my laptop[ I have to enter a paper / roll size, when printing from my main computer (CS4) ther is no roll size option. I realize that as long as the print size is smaller than the paper, it's ok, Neither HP or Adobe had an answer.

It can't be that weird. In the case that you let the driver select that choice automatically (based on what has been set on the printer panel) I can understand that it doesn't matter, although other printer margins exist for sheet and roll. If you want that choice to be available then changing the default in the Printer Settings (see menu to all the installed drivers) to either Roll or Manual loading should make it visible. When Roll is set in the driver while Sheet is selected on the printer it will cause a printer error so in that case it does matter to get the two synchronised.

Pages: [1]   Go Up