Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wild Alligator  (Read 2719 times)

dalethorn

Wild Alligator
« on: April 10, 2009, 06:03:20 pm »

This alligator hangs out in and around a small pond in a relative's front yard in Charleston.  The lighting was bad and I couldn't get closer than about 25 ft. to capture this, so the quality isn't the best.  From a distance, they look like an ordinary scaly animal, but up close, they look to me like they're made out of rock.

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
Wild Alligator
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 07:09:07 pm »

Dale,

Something about that I really like. Maybe the painterly look to the waves.

Nice.

Dave Chew

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Wild Alligator
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 12:43:00 pm »

Quote from: dalethorn
This alligator hangs out in and around a small pond in a relative's front yard in Charleston.  The lighting was bad and I couldn't get closer than about 25 ft. to capture this, so the quality isn't the best.  From a distance, they look like an ordinary scaly animal, but up close, they look to me like they're made out of rock.
Could you perhaps use a polariser to reduce the reflections from the water? (not remove, just reduce a little). At the moment, I don't get a feeling that the nose and the eyes are connected.

Jeremy

dalethorn

Wild Alligator
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 09:52:31 pm »

Quote from: kikashi
Could you perhaps use a polariser to reduce the reflections from the water? (not remove, just reduce a little). At the moment, I don't get a feeling that the nose and the eyes are connected.
Jeremy

I could try that next time, but I don't think there was enough light this time for a polarizer.  Very flat, dull light.
Pages: [1]   Go Up