Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best format for slide show  (Read 2584 times)

Persio

Best format for slide show
« on: April 10, 2009, 05:02:36 pm »

Gentlemen,
I am interested in your guidance relative to the best possible preparation of images to feed ProShow Gold for a DVD (or Blue-Ray) quality slide show.
My workflow starts with a RAW Canon file processed with Capture One, and my question relates to the output format (JPG or TIF), and ICC profile.
Although my pictures look great on my monitor, they do not look nearly as good on a high quality DVD slide show presented on a high quality plasma TV.
What am I missing?
Thank you for comments and suggestions.
Persio.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 10:24:05 pm »

My first thought would be colour profiles. Are you converting the images to a profile that will look good on a TV? You get the same problem with web images as Adobe RGB files despite being 'better' qaulity usually look worse that sRGB files in most people's web browser.
So find out the native colour space and convert to that and proceed from there.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 04:37:40 am »

Hi,

Regarding format probably JPEG and sRGB. To use anything but sRGB you need color managed applications, color profiles and a good display calibration and profile that is actually used by the slide show application.

Best regards
Erik

Quote from: jjj
My first thought would be colour profiles. Are you converting the images to a profile that will look good on a TV? You get the same problem with web images as Adobe RGB files despite being 'better' qaulity usually look worse that sRGB files in most people's web browser.
So find out the native colour space and convert to that and proceed from there.
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up