Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: override out of ink on espon 2200?  (Read 1811 times)

lightstand

override out of ink on espon 2200?
« on: April 10, 2009, 08:54:56 am »

One of my inks, the light cyan was out, so without pressing the ink changing button I was able to install the new cartridge however now the new cartridge is reading out and I can not seem to override it to get the printer to work, just get the out of ink dialog box if I try any thing. Have unplugged the printer, replaced the cartridge a couple of times.  Is there any way to override this out of ink hiccup or have the printer reevaluate the ink's chip?

Using Epson inks, no refills, mac os 10.5.6 epson 2200

Thanks jeff

Randy Carone

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 04:28:44 pm »

When my 2200 stops in mid-print - due to empty ink cart - I change it in the normal way and the printer starts back up and finishes the print without a noticeable line. Did your printer run out of Lc? Not to be a smart ass, but was there a reason you by-passed the standard procedure?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 04:29:59 pm by Randy Carone »
Randy Carone

lightstand

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 10:54:20 pm »

Yes the previous cartridge ran out,  I have access to them because the flip top lid broke off about a year ago. Why did I do it, obviously because I didn't know there was going to be a problem - going to a another cartridge just kinda burns me as being wasteful. Do you have any suggestions how to make this full cartridge work? thanks jeff

Randy Carone

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 08:58:38 am »

If you still have the old cartridge you can try putting that one back in, send a print and when it tells you to change ink try the new one again. Good Luck, and let us know how it works out.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:59:26 am by Randy Carone »
Randy Carone
Pages: [1]   Go Up