Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Sale: Classic Polaroid 110A adapted for pack film  (Read 3683 times)

Bill Wisser

For Sale: Classic Polaroid 110A adapted for pack film
« on: April 10, 2009, 04:07:56 am »

This is a 1950s-era Polaroid 110A rangefinder camera with a fine Rodenstock 127mm f4.7 lens and Prontor s-v shutter. Originally this camera took Polaroid roll film, which is no longer made, but the chassis was later adapted by a company named Four Designs to take 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Polaroid pack film -- and Fuji pack film is still being made for it.

This is something of a cult camera. Before digital a lot of pros, including Helmut Newton, used Polaroid 110s to proof lighting set-ups -- Helmut eventually made a book, Pola Women, out of some of these test shots.

I used this 110 extensively to make Polaroid test shots during my 35mm assignments, and it was always a hit with the models who had never seen one before and loved being photographed by it. Art directors like it , too -- and you can make Polararid transfers from the Pola-Fuji film. The lens,  approximately equivalent to a 35mm lens on a 35 mm camera,  is sweet, and this camera takes excellent pictures.

Asking $449 plus shipping. Contact me at

And to see images of this 110A, just click here.

-- Bill Wisser

Bill Wisser

For Sale: Classic Polaroid 110A adapted for pack film
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 07:54:16 pm »

I just put this camera for sale on ebay with an opening bid of only $299!

Check it out at http://tinyurl.com/qy7g7n
Pages: [1]   Go Up