Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raw Developer: Sinar and Hasselblad RAW files  (Read 7306 times)

ynp

• http://
Raw Developer: Sinar and Hasselblad RAW files
« on: April 07, 2009, 11:00:28 am »

Dear All,

Three of us are planning a photo trip with a number of different cameras (my eMotion 75LV, my friend's H3D11-31, a Sigma DP-1 and a Canon Point&Shoot). I think that we will take only one small Mac laptop and some FW drives for back-up. We will be shooting to the cards.
I usually use Brumbaer Tools and my Friend uses the new Hasselblad Phocus. I wonder if the Raw Developer shall be the converter of choice for a multi-platform photo group? My friend is sure that my Macbook does not have the horsepower to run Phocus.

I saw on the Iridient web site that the new version 1.8.3 of Raw Developer supports all Sinar eMotion backs (I tested it with the Demo and liked the results), Hasselblad H3D files, Phase One, Sigma Foveon files and a number of other cameras. The Help file claimed that we can use different settings for different cameras and supports different cameras in one session.

I read that Phase One owners praise the RD. What do you all think about RD rendering of Sinar and Hasselblad RAW files with the Raw Developer? Why Hasselblad users (at least on this Forum) do not use RD, do you know any faults/problems with this software?

Thank you,
Yevgeny

stewarthemley

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 01:51:46 pm »

IMO RD is the best at the moment. Unfortunately, there is a bug which means it can't work the Hass files. I'm sure it will be fixed soon - might be already so worth checking the RD site. One point, which might not matter: Phocus does a great job on correcting distortion in the Hass lenses, which the others don't. Hope your trip goes well.

ynp

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 04:26:30 pm »

Thank you.
It looks like  RD does not work with the Hasselblad files.
I will contact Iridient to check
Yevgeny
e
Quote from: stewarthemley
IMO RD is the best at the moment. Unfortunately, there is a bug which means it can't work the Hass files. I'm sure it will be fixed soon - might be already so worth checking the RD site. One point, which might not matter: Phocus does a great job on correcting distortion in the Hass lenses, which the others don't. Hope your trip goes well.

mpenney

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 11:03:14 pm »

Quote from: ynp
Thank you.
It looks like  RD does not work with the Hasselblad files.
I will contact Iridient to check
Yevgeny
e
Convert the files to DNG then run them....

I like Raw developer (MAC only)  for the very best sharpening program I have found....

However the Canon software has automatic lens flaw correction buil in to the newest version.

But Lightroom is still easiest for mass quantities of files...

ynp

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 09:47:01 am »

Quote from: mpenney

Convert the files to DNG then run them....

I like Raw developer (MAC only)  for the very best sharpening program I have found....

However the Canon software has automatic lens flaw correction buil in to the newest version.

But Lightroom is still easiest for mass quantities of files...

Thank you!
I am using Raw Developer to develop my Sinar DNGs and I like the program. IMO it is the best for B&W.
Yevgeny
Pages: [1]   Go Up