Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heidi Klum  (Read 1737 times)

Jeremy Payne

Heidi Klum
« on: April 02, 2009, 06:18:02 pm »

Whereas my first post had some images I was on the fence about, I'll say upfront that these are some images I think are pretty solid.  

How could I make them better?  Except for the last image, all involved more than one capture blended in some manner - HDR, exposure blending, layering, etc.  The pink and blue one is a single exposure capture.

On this one, does the contrail ruin the image?

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Heidi Klum
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 01:46:52 am »

I think the third one has some potential if you could open up the shadows a little.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

kbolin

• http://www.bolinphoto.com
Heidi Klum
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 02:17:01 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl
I think the third one has some potential if you could open up the shadows a little.

Mike.

I agree... the other three don't do anything for me.  Keep at it though.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Heidi Klum
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 03:25:40 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl

Mike.
I also like the third the best, although on my monitor it doesn't look as if it needs opening up very much. The more I work in colour, the more I like black and white.

The fourth has a lovely sky, but no anchor to provide a reference point.

Jeremy
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 03:26:06 am by kikashi »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Heidi Klum
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 07:11:02 am »

I agree. Numbers 1, 2 and 4 are cliches -- tourist stuff. Number 3 has potential. Looks as if you've gone at it with one of Photoshop's filters or a plugin. I think it works. You've managed to hang on to local contrast while boosting global contrast. As was the case with kikashi the shadows are fine on my monitor. That's one of the problems with trying to judge a photograph on the web. Every monitor gives a different answer even if it's carefully calibrated.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up