Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon iPF 8100 tech support  (Read 2070 times)

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
Canon iPF 8100 tech support
« on: April 01, 2009, 01:04:54 pm »

Canon garnered a bad reputation for tech support when the original iPF x000 line of printers came out a few years ago and that reputation has hung around longer than deserved. My first call to them late last year, regarding a minor problem on my 8100, was handled promptly and a repair guy arrived within two days and fixed the problem.

Today, I called again about a message popping up that requested a cleaning for the right side head (although no  indication of a need for it appeared in printing.) Several cleaning cycles later, it still was there and I called Tech Support. I was immediately connected to a live human who directed me to print a status sheet and with no further ado, announced that a new head (free, under warranty) would arrive tomorrow, along with a complimentary cup of coffee and a croissant.

OK, I made up that bit about the coffee and pastry. I guess I've been spoiled and am now expecting too much.

http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 01:07:29 pm »

Quote from: Rob Reiter
Canon garnered a bad reputation for tech support when the original iPF x000 line of printers came out a few years ago and that reputation has hung around longer than deserved. My first call to them late last year, regarding a minor problem on my 8100, was handled promptly and a repair guy arrived within two days and fixed the problem.

Today, I called again about a message popping up that requested a cleaning for the right side head (although no  indication of a need for it appeared in printing.) Several cleaning cycles later, it still was there and I called Tech Support. I was immediately connected to a live human who directed me to print a status sheet and with no further ado, announced that a new head (free, under warranty) would arrive tomorrow, along with a complimentary cup of coffee and a croissant.

OK, I made up that bit about the coffee and pastry. I guess I've been spoiled and am now expecting too much.

I've been very pleased with my experiences with Canon support on my 9100. So much, I'm getting ready to order an 8000s.
Regards,
 Marc Sitkin www.digitalmomentum

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 01:19:22 pm »

I think they went from having the worst to the best large format customer service in the industry in 2007. You can get a knowledgeable live human on the phone almost immediately and they are quick to send out complimentary replacement parts when hardware failure is suspected. The local repair service subcontractors they use aren't great but the 1-800 support number and service is fantastic.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up