Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automator  (Read 3579 times)

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
Automator
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:20:46 am »

I have been trying to use the "Watch me do" feature. I have been opening files in Photoshop resizing then saving to a different folder. When I try running it I get "The action “Watch Me Do” encountered an error."  "Check the actionʼs properties and try running the workflow again." There is nothing to say which part failed or which properties could be causing the failure. So anyone have any luck with Automator, I can remember Apple saying you could run a factory with Automator. I can do sweet fa with it so far.

Kevin.
Kevin.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Automator
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 09:54:17 am »

Quote from: KevinA
I have been trying to use the "Watch me do" feature. I have been opening files in Photoshop resizing then saving to a different folder. When I try running it I get "The action “Watch Me Do” encountered an error."  "Check the actionʼs properties and try running the workflow again." There is nothing to say which part failed or which properties could be causing the failure. So anyone have any luck with Automator, I can remember Apple saying you could run a factory with Automator. I can do sweet fa with it so far.

Kevin.

Not sure what you exactly are trying to do with automator.

If you want to do photoshop related functions you might want to try making actions and running these via the image processor in the Bridge or make a droplet in PS.

Resizing is even one one of those things you don't need an action for. It is default in the image processor.

I do a lot of image processing stuff automated and have sofar only felt the need to use the automator once but gave up on it. Too unlogical for my taste.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:55:26 am by Dustbak »

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
Automator
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 11:00:50 am »

Quote from: Dustbak
Not sure what you exactly are trying to do with automator.

If you want to do photoshop related functions you might want to try making actions and running these via the image processor in the Bridge or make a droplet in PS.

Resizing is even one one of those things you don't need an action for. It is default in the image processor.

I do a lot of image processing stuff automated and have sofar only felt the need to use the automator once but gave up on it. Too unlogical for my taste.

I thought I would make a smart folder, so anything that I saved there would automatically be sized for Alamy's specs, just a small upsizing with some of the cropped images. As I go through a shoot anything I thought would be Alamy suitable I would punt out to the smart folder with Alamy specs for size. jpg compression and colour space.
I spent a couple of hours or more and got nowhere.
Kevin.
Kevin.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Automator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 12:07:58 pm »

Those were exactly the same circumstances I was looking into the automator. Didn't get it to work either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up