Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PremierArt Platinum Rag Fine Art Paper Profile  (Read 3116 times)

Melodi

• http://
PremierArt Platinum Rag Fine Art Paper Profile
« on: March 31, 2009, 08:01:52 pm »

I've used the recommended settings and profiles for this paper (PremierArt Platinum Rag Fine Art Paper Profile) on my Epson 3800, and have found the shadows to be blocked up a lot of the time.  I really like the look and feel of the paper otherwise.  

I've played with the settings to see what I could get.  I did happen to find a posting regarding others experience with the paper and also talked to someone directly who was having a similar issue.

I use the functionality in photoshop to see what the photo looks like with the paper profile and have not succesfully matched the print with what I'm seeing.

Is there a way to adjust a profile or should I simply add a curve to every file to make the adjustment?

Any other papers anyone might recommend that are similar.

Thank you for any tips.

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 02:38:29 am »

Melodi you should re-post this under "Printers/Papers/Inks". There will be someone there who has used this paper. On the 3800 I've usually found that when you softproof in Photoshop and there is a large mis-match when you print then it is often caused by one of the following:
- poor monitor calibration or the monitor set too bright
- a poor paper profile
- wrong settings in the 3800 print options. E.g. wrong media settings or double profiling: the "no colour adjustment" box has  not been selected
- the paper is rubbish
- a problem with the softproofing, e.g., the "simulate paper colour" box not checked
Hope this helps, David
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 02:41:46 am by Taquin »

Melodi

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 06:03:58 pm »

Thank you.  I've checked settings, etc. and hopefully have them set up correctly. I will repost to the other forum as you recommended.
Pages: [1]   Go Up