Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad to Phase cable question  (Read 2288 times)

bcroslin

• http://www.bobcroslin.com
Hasselblad to Phase cable question
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:49:04 pm »

Anyone know if the "exposure cable 503cw" that attaches from a 503CW grip to a Hassy CF back will work with a Phase back?

TIA
Bob Croslin, Photographer
[url=http://ww

j.miller

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 01:33:01 am »

Bob,
    To my knowledge the various PhaseOne backs do not have a separate interface capability, that works specifically with the CW winder and the 503CW body. The Hasselblad CF/CF-II series backs allow you to specify several difference interface configurations for several V-Series cameras (ie. 200/2000-Series, 500-Series, 503ELX, 505ELD, CW-Winder, SuperWide, etc.). This makes it possible to take advantage of the various interfaces found on each model. (You might recall some of our previous conversations). More than likely, the PhaseOne back will need the sync cable coming from the lens, as you are accustomed. Maybe a PhaseOne rep can chime in and give some more info.

If you need one of these specific Hasselblad "exposure cables" let me know, as I have some available that you could try out.

Regards,

Jordan Miller

Quote from: bcroslin
Anyone know if the "exposure cable 503cw" that attaches from a 503CW grip to a Hassy CF back will work with a Phase back?

TIA
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:57:21 am by JEM_DTG »

bcroslin

• http://www.bobcroslin.com
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 01:25:47 pm »

Quote from: JEM_DTG
To my knowledge the various PhaseOne backs do not have a separate interface capability, that works specifically with the CW winder and the 503CW body.

Thanks Jordan. I sat here this morning and did tests with my pocket wizards and the plug on the grip triggers before the shutter in the lens. Oh well.

Bob
Bob Croslin, Photographer
[url=http://ww

digitalcameraman

• Capture Integration
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 07:33:35 am »

Quote from: JEM_DTG
Bob,
    To my knowledge the various PhaseOne backs do not have a separate interface capability, that works specifically with the CW winder and the 503CW body. The Hasselblad CF/CF-II series backs allow you to specify several difference interface configurations for several V-Series cameras (ie. 200/2000-Series, 500-Series, 503ELX, 505ELD, CW-Winder, SuperWide, etc.). This makes it possible to take advantage of the various interfaces found on each model. (You might recall some of our previous conversations). More than likely, the PhaseOne back will need the sync cable coming from the lens, as you are accustomed. Maybe a PhaseOne rep can chime in and give some more info.

If you need one of these specific Hasselblad "exposure cables" let me know, as I have some available that you could try out.

Regards,

Jordan Miller
Digital Technology Group, Inc.

Bob:

I have that cable on the way from Phase One. It is referred to as motor drive cable. And this makes it possible to shoot from keyboard. the plug coming from the grip is for a remote release and does not transmit the proper 12V + or - 1 volt from the lens to trip the Phase One back. As I mentioned many users that have this same setup use the remote control that comes with the winder. I think what you are trying to do is see if you can bypass the sync cable coming from the lens and I do not think that is possible. I am waiting to hear back from a P1 tech regarding this question. The Phase One back does a black calibration before capture and if the shutter is not released via the supplied sync cable at the proper time you will experience artifacts due to the shutter not opening at the exact time it should when using a cable to release it from the Hasselblad grip.

I will call you this morning and go over those details again. Hope you are enjoying the camera back.

Chris Snipes
Image Productions, Inc
www.imageproduction.com
chris@imageproduction.com

Phase One Test Studio
Authorized Phase One Reseller
Chris Snipes
Sales Manager Capture Integ
Pages: [1]   Go Up