Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kodak DCS Pro/c  (Read 2954 times)

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Kodak DCS Pro/c
« on: August 18, 2005, 09:38:58 pm »

The memory card isn't the problem, it's the battery, which loses both voltage and current output as temperature drops. Carry 2-3 batteries, one in the camera, and the onter(s) in your pocket to warm back up to a usable temperature. Rotate as needed while shooting.

Paul Sumi

Kodak DCS Pro/c
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 10:36:53 am »

I agree, it's the battery being affected by low temperature.  But 39 deg F isn't THAT cold and should be well within the normal operating range (for example, 32 deg F to 114 deg F for my Canons).

What kind of battery does the Pro/C use?

Paul Sumi

Kodak DCS Pro/c
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 03:16:07 am »

That it's well within the normal operating range doesn't mean that you'll get optimum effect. You'll only see that -- if you're lucky -- around room temperature.
Jani, I agree that DSLRs are not at their best performance at freezing temperatures.  But it sounds as if the original poster's DSC Pro/C is barely shooting at all at 39 deg F.

That just seems screwy, is all, based on how much better my 10D and 1D2 have performed under similar or worse conditions.

Regards,

Paul

ialcaino

Kodak DCS Pro/c
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 12:05:38 pm »

Hi, i have a Kodak DCS Pro/c about two month ago, but i was shooting in cold weather (39ºF) and the camera doesn't shoot, it shows a messaage "Capture error, image not saved".
I’m using CF memory cards (i don’t have microdrives), and when i have the problem i put the memory into my pocket to warm it, but the problem persist until i put the camera into my jacket, but it shoot just one or two photos until the message appears again.

Can you help me?

Best regards

Ivan

etmpasadena

Kodak DCS Pro/c
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 09:44:41 pm »

You might also want to invest in a digital camera battery. www.digitalcamerabattery.com. You could put one of these power packs under your coat and run the power line into your camera. You can shoot for hours with one of these.

jani

• Øyet
Kodak DCS Pro/c
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 06:03:45 pm »

I agree, it's the battery being affected by low temperature.  But 39 deg F isn't THAT cold and should be well within the normal operating range (for example, 32 deg F to 114 deg F for my Canons).
That it's well within the normal operating range doesn't mean that you'll get optimum effect. You'll only see that -- if you're lucky -- around room temperature.

From Canon USA's specifications for the EOS 20D:

Battery Life   At 68° F / 20° C: 650 (No Flash), 500 (50% Flash Use), At 32° F / 0° C: 500 (No Flash), 400 (50% Flash Use). These figures apply when a fully-charged Battery Pack BP-511A/BP-511/BP-512/BP-514 is used.
Jan
Pages: [1]   Go Up