Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do people buy their Phase One Extra Batteries ?  (Read 3699 times)

juiceboy99

Where do people buy their Phase One Extra Batteries ?
« on: March 29, 2009, 02:38:16 pm »

Just curious....Where do people buy their extra Phase One Batteries ?
Can you use generic video batteries and are they just as good as Phase Original Batteries ?

thanks !

marcmccalmont

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 02:54:54 pm »

Quote from: juiceboy99
Just curious....Where do people buy their extra Phase One Batteries ?
Can you use generic video batteries and are they just as good as Phase Original Batteries ?

thanks !

I've had no problems with generic video batteries
Marc
Marc McCalmont

michaelnotar

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 03:35:51 pm »

canon batteries also work, 915 or 911 i think are the models. the phase batteries last longer and you can get them from your dealer.
the canons are cheaper, like 40% cheaper but last 40% less time, so no added value. i say why risk a $15,000 back with a battery that might be $40 cheaper, though i havent had or heard of any problems.

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 03:40:35 pm »

If you do opt for the third party batteries, make sure the voltage is the same-- 7.2V

Phase batteries last noticeably longer.  I've also noticed that the one third party battery I have does not hold its charge as long.  Ok in studio when you are close to an outlet and charger, but the Phase battery is better on location.

For the money---I'd stay with the Phase batteries.

Snook

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 05:14:59 pm »

Can anyone actually prove this?
Why would the batteries last longer from phase if essentially they are the same battery. Or does Phase have some secret.

I have not tested them side by side personally but have not noticed them draining that much faster. 40% sounds like a lot.

Has anyone any evidence of this?
Thanks
Snook

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 06:20:24 pm »

Quote from: Snook
Can anyone actually prove this?
Why would the batteries last longer from phase if essentially they are the same battery. Or does Phase have some secret.

I have not tested them side by side personally but have not noticed them draining that much faster. 40% sounds like a lot.

Has anyone any evidence of this?
Thanks
Snook

I've got 2 phase batteries 2500mha the canon dp 914 i bought was only 1250mha, thats probably why they don't last longer. No problems buying a generic battery according to my delaer.

jmvdigital

• http://www.jmvdigital.com
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 06:31:43 pm »

I got my batteries from my dealer, Capture Integration. Customer service there is great, and they can ship stuff out fast for you.

http://www.captureintegration.com/
--
Justin VanAlstyne [url=http://www.jmv

micmatthews

• http://www.digitaltransitions.com
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 11:05:59 am »

Quote from: Jozef Zajaz
I've got 2 phase batteries 2500mha the canon dp 914 i bought was only 1250mha, thats probably why they don't last longer. No problems buying a generic battery according to my delaer.
MAh is why the Phase batteries last longer.  mAh stands for Milliamp Hour, a technical term for how much power a particular battery will hold. Digital camera batteries with higher mAh values last longer without requiring a recharge, allowing you to take more photographs before you have to replace your batteries.

You can use the canon batteries or the Phase One batteries make sure it is the same voltage and has a high mAh. You can get Phase One batteries from any Phase One dealer world wide.
Best regards,
Michelle Matthews Digital

whawn

• The Daily Photograph™
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 01:26:57 pm »

Quote from: micmatthews
You can use the canon batteries or the Phase One batteries make sure it is the same voltage and has a high mAh. You can get Phase One batteries from any Phase One dealer world wide.

Calumet's replacement battery looks identical to the Phase battery, and is rated at 2600mAh.  I have two older Phase batteries and two of these I bought three or four months ago.  I haven't seen any difference in performance.  Fully charged voltage measures the same 8.3v.  H'ever, I note they're out-of-stock at Calumet, and the price has gone up.  I bought mine at 35 dollars.
Walter Hawn -- Casper, Wyoming

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 01:40:51 pm »

Quote from: whawn
Calumet's replacement battery looks identical to the Phase battery, and is rated at 2600mAh.  I have two older Phase batteries and two of these I bought three or four months ago.  I haven't seen any difference in performance.  Fully charged voltage measures the same 8.3v.  H'ever, I note they're out-of-stock at Calumet, and the price has gone up.  I bought mine at 35 dollars.

Where are you getting your numbers?  From the link to Calumet you provided, the battery shows only 2000mah---not 2600.  7.2V is what you want....

whawn

• The Daily Photograph™
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 02:57:00 pm »

Quote from: kdphotography
From the link to Calumet you provided, the battery shows only 2000mah---not 2600.  7.2V is what you want....
From the page cited:  

Product Features

Replacement BP-915 lithiu-ion battery for use with the Canon VL-10Li Video Light, ES4000, ES8400V, ES75, ES8200V, ES8100V, ES50, ES55, ES8000V, ES7000V, ES6500V, ES420V, ES410V, ES60, ES65, ES300V, XL1/XL1S, GL1, GL2 and other compatible camcorders.

(2600mah)
The listed 7.2v is what's known as 'nominal' voltage.  It's usually the voltage at which discharge becomes quite rapid, so it's the lowest usable voltage for that battery.  As a battery charges, the output voltage increases.  As it's discharged, the output voltage decreases.   In this case, the fully charged output voltage of both brands of batteries is 8.3v.

I have a DC voltmeter accurate to 1/100th of a volt.  I used it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 03:02:28 pm by whawn »
Walter Hawn -- Casper, Wyoming

ziocan

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 03:17:15 pm »

Quote from: whawn
From the page cited:  

The listed 7.2v is what's known as 'nominal' voltage.  It's usually the voltage at which discharge becomes quite rapid, so it's the lowest usable voltage for that battery.  As a battery charges, the output voltage increases.  As it's discharged, the output voltage decreases.   In this case, the fully charged output voltage of both brands of batteries is 8.3v.

I have a DC voltmeter accurate to 1/100th of a volt.  I used it.
following the suggestion from another folks in this forum, I bought some batteries made with Panasonic cells, on ebay.
they are 2200mah and 7.4v, the build construction is equal or better than those provided by Phase (which are also coming from some garage shop in the far east, let's not have any illusion), they charge normally on the phase provided dual battery charger (which is also from aftermarket coming from the far east). I tried one battery only yet, because I mostly shoot tethered, it holds charge nearly as the Phase one. which should not be of any surprise considering that the "original" is 2600mah and the Panasonic one is 2200mah.
Pages: [1]   Go Up