Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One H20 with leaf portable solution?  (Read 3166 times)

fotolli

Phase One H20 with leaf portable solution?
« on: March 28, 2009, 05:02:17 am »

Hi all,

I assume it will not work, but has anyone ever tried the combination of Phase One H20 / H25 and leaf´s portable solution.
It would be really sweet if you could go untethered that way.

Basically, would the back be powered up and could images be stored to the leaf harddisk?

Thanks for your infos and best regards

Oliver

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 09:24:39 am »

Quote from: fotolli
Hi all,

I assume it will not work, but has anyone ever tried the combination of Phase One H20 / H25 and leaf´s portable solution.
It would be really sweet if you could go untethered that way.

Basically, would the back be powered up and could images be stored to the leaf harddisk?

Thanks for your infos and best regards

Oliver

This would not work.

yaya

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 07:47:51 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
This would not work.

Correct. It'll probably power the H20 but it won't communicate with it as the back is "not familiar" with this type of configuration.

IOW don't waist time/ money on it.

Yair

fotolli

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 04:54:25 am »

Thanks for your thoughts, but "probably" does not sound like you have tried it.
Has anyone really tried this confuguration and can confirm that it does not work?

Thanks

Oliver

Quote from: yaya
Correct. It'll probably power the H20 but it won't communicate with it as the back is "not familiar" with this type of configuration.

IOW don't waist time/ money on it.

Yair

yaya

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 09:56:44 am »

Quote from: fotolli
Thanks for your thoughts, but "probably" does not sound like you have tried it.
Has anyone really tried this confuguration and can confirm that it does not work?

Thanks

Oliver

Oliver, No I have not tried it but I haven't tried jumping off the Eiffel Tower yet I know I will 100% get killed if I did.

Unless someone at Phase wrote a firmware for the H20 that is designed to work with our portable solution so that it connects to the digital magazine and communicates with the iPaq (which they obviously haven't) it will not work.

The Digital Magazine produces power which is coming through a Firewire connection. This may have the correct voltage to power the H20 but nothing more.

If you insist, take a powered portable hard-drive that is formatted as FAT32 and plug it into your H20 - what do you think is going to happen?

Yair

fotolli

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 10:14:43 am »

Well, thanks Yair, your explanation obviously makes sense and my further asking wasn´t meant to offend you.
It´s just that the probably bit is exactly what I could figure myself.

Thanks for your help

Oliver

Quote from: yaya
Oliver, No I have not tried it but I haven't tried jumping off the Eiffel Tower yet I know I will 100% get killed if I did.

Unless someone at Phase wrote a firmware for the H20 that is designed to work with our portable solution so that it connects to the digital magazine and communicates with the iPaq (which they obviously haven't) it will not work.

The Digital Magazine produces power which is coming through a Firewire connection. This may have the correct voltage to power the H20 but nothing more.

If you insist, take a powered portable hard-drive that is formatted as FAT32 and plug it into your H20 - what do you think is going to happen?

Yair
Pages: [1]   Go Up