Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problems with Hd3II-39 software on PC  (Read 3496 times)

photolinia

problems with Hd3II-39 software on PC
« on: March 27, 2009, 04:55:11 pm »

Hello,

So I picked up an HD3II-39 rental for the weekend, and as I expected, problems started right away...
With the camera, I got 3 CD's - manuals, phocus and flexcolor
the manuals is the only one that "worked"

the phocus CD has 2 symbols on it "mac", and "universal".  I asked in the store if it was PC compatible and was told  that itwas...
however, my PC is not recognizing it at all .  Should there be a special PC compatible CD with phocus?

flexcolor did install, but wen I tried to import fils from the camera, asked for a registration code. Where can i get the registration code?
and if i do, can i use flexcolor to import and export files in DNG format?

any help is greatly appreciated!!

thanks a lot!
-ilya

j.miller

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 05:07:51 pm »

ilya,
     I can help you here. You best bet is download the latest version of either Phocus or FlexColor.

What versions of the software are on the disks you were provided?

With FlexColor, you can select "Register Later" when the registration window comes up. You do not have to register.

There is PC version of both Phocus and FlexColor available. They might not have been included on the disks you were provided...

Where are you located?

You can contact me directly, to expedite this process.

Jordan E. Miller

Quote from: photolinia
Hello,

So I picked up an HD3II-39 rental for the weekend, and as I expected, problems started right away...
With the camera, I got 3 CD's - manuals, phocus and flexcolor
the manuals is the only one that "worked"

the phocus CD has 2 symbols on it "mac", and "universal".  I asked in the store if it was PC compatible and was told  that itwas...
however, my PC is not recognizing it at all .  Should there be a special PC compatible CD with phocus?

flexcolor did install, but wen I tried to import fils from the camera, asked for a registration code. Where can i get the registration code?
and if i do, can i use flexcolor to import and export files in DNG format?

any help is greatly appreciated!!

thanks a lot!
-ilya
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:56:26 am by JEM_DTG »

j.miller

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 05:36:24 pm »

ilya,
    Check your PM's. Also, feel free to contact me on mobile if I can answer any questions.

Regards,

Jordan Miller
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:56:41 am by JEM_DTG »

photolinia

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 05:41:52 pm »

Quote from: JEM_DTG
ilya,
    Check your PM's. Also, feel free to contact me on mobile if I can answer any questions.

Regards,

Jordan Miller
Digital Technology Group, Inc.
thank you!

talked to a rep from nyc nd I am able to use flexcolor to convert files to DNG and then run lightroom.
I know that this is nt the suggested route, but if I'm anable to dowload phocus, I can at least get something done this weekend!

thanksfor your help!
-ilya

Professional

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 08:09:30 pm »

I have the same problem, as i don't use the latest or newer OSX [Leopard] so i can't install Phocus on Mac, and also i tried to install Phocus on my PC again the CD/DVD didn't recognise the disk inserted at all, so i just keep using FlexColor on Mac for a while, just i convert to DNG or convert to TIFF for few files and working from there.

Cfranson

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 08:42:45 pm »

Quote from: Professional
I have the same problem, as i don't use the latest or newer OSX [Leopard] so i can't install Phocus on Mac, and also i tried to install Phocus on my PC again the CD/DVD didn't recognise the disk inserted at all, so i just keep using FlexColor on Mac for a while, just i convert to DNG or convert to TIFF for few files and working from there.
You can just download the latest Phocus for Windows from Hasselblad's website if you'd prefer not to use the Flexcolor/Lightroom workflow. Some of the cameras didn't include a Phocus for Windows installer depending on when the camera was shipped.

Professional

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 08:55:23 pm »

Quote from: Cfranson
You can just download the latest Phocus for Windows from Hasselblad's website if you'd prefer not to use the Flexcolor/Lightroom workflow. Some of the cameras didn't include a Phocus for Windows installer depending on when the camera was shipped.

And that what i did, downloaded the latest version of Phocus for Windows, and later i will check it on my PC, and i hope it will work, but to be honest, i was looking to use Phocus on my Mac not Windows, and i only install Phocus on my PC to upgrade the firmware of my H3DII39 to ISO 800, i can't do tat with FlexColor as from Hasselblad.com website they stated that i can't do it with Felxcolor, only with Phocus.

shutay

• http://www.asiaphotohub.com/Jason/
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 11:52:52 am »

The "Mac" and "Universal" labels both refer to Apple's Mac platform. "Universal" indicates that the installer installs a universal binary, which means the program can work on both older Macs with Mac OS X running on PowerPC CPUs but also the newer Macs running on Intel CPUs. This disc will NOT WORK on PCs. Unless your PC is running Mac OS X, that is.

Professional

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 03:53:39 pm »

Quote from: shutay
The "Mac" and "Universal" labels both refer to Apple's Mac platform. "Universal" indicates that the installer installs a universal binary, which means the program can work on both older Macs with Mac OS X running on PowerPC CPUs but also the newer Macs running on Intel CPUs. This disc will NOT WORK on PCs. Unless your PC is running Mac OS X, that is.

True!

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 04:01:27 pm »

If you want to use phocus on mac, than I would recommend upgrading to leopard. For the cost of the upgrade, it's worth it. Phocus is much superior to flexclolour.

Professional

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 08:49:25 pm »

Quote from: Enda Cavanagh
If you want to use phocus on mac, than I would recommend upgrading to leopard. For the cost of the upgrade, it's worth it. Phocus is much superior to flexclolour.

I have a DVD of Leopard coming along with my Laptop when i bought it, in the specifications it was written that it has Leopard, but they didn't install it and just put the DVD of Leopard to upgrade my own.

But now, after one year and so of using my laptop with 10.4 [Tiger] and full of softwares on it, will i have a problem with softwares or files saved on the HDD if i upgraded to Leopard myself? I hope i will not lost my data and if so and i must do backup first then i think i am not planning to upgrade now, maybe wait to get another cheaper Mac laptop.

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 06:46:58 pm »

I'm not an IT guru but I can't see any problems. When Leopard came out there were some issues with software compatibility but that should be resolved now. As you got updates for your various programs that would have been sorted out.

I have a DVD of Leopard coming along with my Laptop when i bought it, in the specifications it was written that it has Leopard, but they didn't install it and just put the DVD of Leopard to upgrade my own.

But now, after one year and so of using my laptop with 10.4 [Tiger] and full of softwares on it, will i have a problem with softwares or files saved on the HDD if i upgraded to Leopard myself? I hope i will not lost my data and if so and i must do backup first then i think i am not planning to upgrade now, maybe wait to get another cheaper Mac laptop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up