Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3800 'borderless printing' limitations  (Read 2969 times)

stephenjedgar

3800 'borderless printing' limitations
« on: March 26, 2009, 01:33:47 pm »

on Ed Roch's suggestion I went to Eric Chan's website about the 3800...excellent stuff.
but was surprised to read that I cannot print 'edge to edge' on a 13x19 paper size.....
I just bought my 3800 and did a lot of research for a printing and binding job I'm well into now.
Ended up going with the Moab double sided bright rag....but now I feel it's all for naught.

Does anyone out there have any insight into this issue?
Can I not use the custom size option and work around this?

cheers!

s

Gemmtech

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 01:54:33 pm »

http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/pro38_/pro38_gd.pdf

Navigate to page 50, you can print borderless on 13x19 but NOT if you are using the front manual feed

AFairley

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 02:18:21 pm »

Have you actually tried selecting 13x19 as the paper size?  If borderless is not supported the check box will be greyed out.  

BTW, I don't think the printer will support borderless printing at any custom size, even if the size is the same as a "legal" size.

Jon Shiu

• http://www.jonshiu.com
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 03:40:36 pm »

Quote from: stephenjedgar
on Ed Roch's suggestion I went to Eric Chan's website about the 3800...excellent stuff.
but was surprised to read that I cannot print 'edge to edge' on a 13x19 paper size.....
I just bought my 3800 and did a lot of research for a printing and binding job I'm well into now.
Ended up going with the Moab double sided bright rag....but now I feel it's all for naught.

Does anyone out there have any insight into this issue?
Can I not use the custom size option and work around this?

cheers!

s
Actually, you can print 13x19 borderfree, it's just that it is listed as a metric, "A" size paper, called Super A3, 329mm x 483mm.

Jon
Mendocino Coast in Black and White: [url

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 09:44:42 am »

You could print on a larger sheet and trim it, too.

Deepsouth

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 11:31:37 am »

FWIW, the Canon Pixma Pro 9500 has this same issue. I have t/t Pixma Pro support 2x about it and they maintain that the pigment inkset will bleed at the edges of paper, especially art paper, if one tries to print borderless. You can always specify a diff media type and twiddle the settings until you get it right, if you must print borderless. What I found really annoying is that even for images printed on canvas without borderless invoked, the driver insist on that 35 mm margin. I amusing up some old canvas 8.5 x 11 stock right now and I have found work-arounds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up