Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Walk Across England  (Read 4413 times)

Steph1

A Walk Across England
« on: March 25, 2009, 07:37:12 pm »

Last September, 2 old friends and I walked across England from St Bees, Cumbria on the Irish Sea, to Robin Hood's Bay, North Yorkshire, on the North Sea.
200 miles and 3 national parks and a lot of pubs in 11 days..........

The weather was variable, but the scenery was gorgeous.

If you'd like to see it, there are 2 options:

1) A slide show at http://members.shaw.ca/stephan.larsson/photos/

or

2) A photodex pro show gold presentation with some lovely English music at http://www.photodex.com/sharing/
put "slarsson" in the "Browse members" box. The presentation is called "Coast to Coast 2008"
Don't forget to turn up the speakers and enjoy!

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
A Walk Across England
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 02:00:49 am »

Looks like a great place for a bit of a trek!  Thanks for sharing your work.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

francois

A Walk Across England
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 09:09:24 am »

Stephan,
You have some beautiful photos in your gallery. It must have been an unforgettable experience. Not tempted by Way of St. James (El Camino de Santiago)?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:09:52 am by francois »
Francois

boblybill

A Walk Across England
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:25:51 am »

Beautiful picture. The UK and Ireland (I'm about half Irish) are two places I would love to visit someday.

Steven Draper

• http://www.stevendraperphotography.com
A Walk Across England
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 09:37:39 am »

Really enjoyed the slideshow, have walked some of the sections through the Lake District about 23years ago. Will have to go back sometime.
image examples are at my website  [url=h

Steph1

A Walk Across England
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 04:51:50 pm »

Quote from: francois
Stephan,
You have some beautiful photos in your gallery. It must have been an unforgettable experience. Not tempted by Way of St. James (El Camino de Santiago)?

One day Francois.........
But I live on Vancouver Island.........a long way away........and that walk takes a loooong time!

Ray

A Walk Across England
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 01:29:10 am »

As an Englishman who emigrated to Australia many years ago, your photos bring back memories of my youthful days in the old country. Everything was usually green and gray. I think on average it rains 2 days out of 3 in the U.K. I used to cycle a lot in those days and the unpredictable weather was not welcome. It is sometimes said that the ancient Romans never fully conquered England because the weather was so lousy. It didn't seem worth the trouble.  

However, I like your compositions. The grays match the greens, and the occasional patches of blue almost spoil the effect.  

It could be I'm a mild sufferer of SAD syndrome; Seasonal Affective Disorder, whereby long periods of grey sky tend to cause a slight depression. I've often wondered about that, because my spirits are definitely lifted when the sun shines.

Steph1

A Walk Across England
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 02:51:52 am »

Quote from: Ray
As an Englishman who emigrated to Australia many years ago, your photos bring back memories of my youthful days in the old country. Everything was usually green and gray. I think on average it rains 2 days out of 3 in the U.K. I used to cycle a lot in those days and the unpredictable weather was not welcome. It is sometimes said that the ancient Romans never fully conquered England because the weather was so lousy. It didn't seem worth the trouble.  

However, I like your compositions. The grays match the greens, and the occasional patches of blue almost spoil the effect.  

It could be I'm a mild sufferer of SAD syndrome; Seasonal Affective Disorder, whereby long periods of grey sky tend to cause a slight depression. I've often wondered about that, because my spirits are definitely lifted when the sun shines.

A trip to the pub will usually solve the SAD issue Ray!
Pages: [1]   Go Up