Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Currently using GM Eye-One 2 colorimeter and i1match 3.6.2  (Read 3195 times)

John Schweikert

Currently using GM Eye-One 2 colorimeter and i1match 3.6.2
« on: March 25, 2009, 11:28:09 am »

---
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:56:30 pm by John-S »

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 12:16:40 pm »

CEDP certainly has more options for controlling tonal response curve, white point color temp, black point and shadow detail transitioning. The biggest differences you see are improved gradations due to CEDP's iterative calibration process and less pink in the skin tones (which is something that GMB processes cause). While these differences may be lost on the average consumer, they are nice for demanding professionals. Tryout the free demo and switch between profiles to see this for yourself.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

John S C

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 05:16:08 am »

Having just made the transition from GM software to CEDP I can say there is a difference in the screen calibration.

The response is a bit more linear, and it seems that the shadows are more open. This may be due to the CE use of L* rather than Gamma.

Is it worth $175? It's a decision you'll have to make after the trial period

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 09:30:54 am »

Quote from: John Schweikert
Oddly I tried to swap back and forth, well I swapped to back and then the profile vanished, that's in the system preferences. Had to recalibrate because the profile was nowhere to be found on the system. I'll give it a go for the trial period. I don't know if the profile itself goes kaput after the 10 days or what. Coloreyes has a very strict activation method.
The profile doesn't ever disappear, even after the demo period expires. Perhaps you have the "Display Profiles for this display only" checkbox checked? Or perhaps the profile was put somewhere where the Display's preference pane can't see it?

BTW, you can switch between different profiles in CEDP itself. On the PC this is particularly nice because it's instantaneous without a restart.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 03:26:21 pm »

It's not that strict at all. Quite liberal in fact.

If the profile disappears in the profile list on a Mac it's because the Show  profiles for this monitor only is checked in the monitor prefs pane. / color.

CE is by far a better solution , but if you need more accuracy than i1 Match gives then you can justify it's expense.
For me there is no doubt , it does what it needs to for my screens to be the closest they can be and reliably calibrating over different technology types.

This is NOT to say that an i1 Match profile is marred, not at all. It's just one goes beyond in finding the best values for better professional colour matching which is what I need for my work.

Pages: [1]   Go Up