Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge and clouds  (Read 2512 times)

dalethorn

Bridge and clouds
« on: March 25, 2009, 12:31:24 am »

I liked the drama of the clouds, but the overall color was unusual. I didn't change it.

mike.online

• http://mikedotonline.blogspot.com
Bridge and clouds
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 02:13:38 am »

Are you doing any geometric corrections in this image? If not, I think that it could really benefit from some. Right now I find the perspective a little challenging.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Bridge and clouds
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 02:21:57 am »

Given that there isn't much colour but there are strong shapes, have you tried this in B&W?

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Christos Andronis

• Christos Andronis Photography
Bridge and clouds
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 03:39:14 am »

Nice capture but I agree with Mike about the overall distortion. You can easily remove that by doing a lens correction in PS. I also suggest you lower the overall tonality of the image to bring out the dramatic blue/yellow sky and the nice reflections and shine on the inner part of the bridge.

- Christos

dalethorn

Bridge and clouds
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 10:59:41 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Given that there isn't much colour but there are strong shapes, have you tried this in B&W?
Mike.

I haven't done any B&W processing per se, since I was shooting in B&W a few years ago, so I doubt that this sample has the ideal gradation of tone one would hope for.

dalethorn

Bridge and clouds
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 11:06:42 am »

Quote from: candron
Nice capture but I agree with Mike about the overall distortion. You can easily remove that by doing a lens correction in PS. I also suggest you lower the overall tonality of the image to bring out the dramatic blue/yellow sky and the nice reflections and shine on the inner part of the bridge.
- Christos

I got to looking at that color, and I think this one is closer to the in-person look. Far from perfect, but more like the somewhat dark, dramatic sky at the time. I haven't figured out what the distortion is, since the distance from the camera seemed to be enough to minimize distortions.

John R

Bridge and clouds
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 11:46:10 am »

Personally, I see nothing bothersome about the distortion in the outlying areas because the main subject is fine. After all, it is not a shot that is going into Achitectural Digest. I very much like the second image where the colours in the sky are more nuanced and richer.

JMR

dalethorn

Bridge and clouds
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 04:11:27 pm »

And here's a closer view...
Pages: [1]   Go Up