Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Pro - Tutorials?  (Read 11437 times)

Andy M

• http://
Capture One Pro - Tutorials?
« on: March 24, 2009, 06:02:32 pm »

I now have only 8 days remaining of the 30 day trial period for Capture One Pro 4. I was originally attracted to it due to users' reports of better colour and detail  compared to other RAW software, specifically Lightroom.

I downloaded the C1P but grew wary of what I perceived to be its un-intuitiveness and haven't returned to it in the past 3 weeks. Today, having read an article in 'Photo Pro Magazine', and having seen the detail C1P is able to render pre-sharpening compared to Lightroom, I'm now looking to revisit the software. My only problem: I can't escape the fact it isn't as intuitive as Lightroom (or Aperture as I previously used), in fact, it gives me a real headache...

So, can anybody recommend any tutorials or guides etc? I've searched, but have not found anything alike those tutorials available for either Lightroom or Aperture.

DesW

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:33:36 pm »

Quote from: Andy M
I now have only 8 days remaining of the 30 day trial period for Capture One Pro 4. I was originally attracted to it due to users' reports of better colour and detail  compared to other RAW software, specifically Lightroom.

I downloaded the C1P but grew wary of what I perceived to be its un-intuitiveness and haven't returned to it in the past 3 weeks. Today, having read an article in 'Photo Pro Magazine', and having seen the detail C1P is able to render pre-sharpening compared to Lightroom, I'm now looking to revisit the software. My only problem: I can't escape the fact it isn't as intuitive as Lightroom (or Aperture as I previously used), in fact, it gives me a real headache...

So, can anybody recommend any tutorials or guides etc? I've searched, but have not found anything alike those tutorials available for either Lightroom or Aperture.

Hi,
Tutorials are fine but this book is the best to explain all the vagaries of Capture One
Dealers should have the latest copy or poss' download from Phase Site.

DesW
[attachment=12448:C1.jpg]

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 03:47:35 pm »

Contact Doug Peterson over at Capture Integration----he teaches classes on C1 Pro.  Find out when his next class is....

DavidP

• papas.com
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 08:02:27 pm »

The tutorials are there, they are just hard to find.
Go to Capture One in the menu the pop down menu is Capture One 4/Pro
Then on the next page go to "Go Pro"
then at the bottom left there is a link to tutorials

James R

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 03:09:53 pm »

There is another resource called Capture U, but it has a flat fee to join.  https://secure.capture-u.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up