Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bubble Level on KM A2  (Read 2025 times)

dimitris

Bubble Level on KM A2
« on: June 17, 2004, 04:12:29 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']You could try finding a broken Minolta flash & remove the foot - then glue your bubble level to it, or see if a Minolta service would sell you a replacement flash foot as a part. This is just an idea, I'm not familiar with Minolta equipment.[/font]

abredon

Bubble Level on KM A2
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 10:35:25 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']
I asked B&H for a bubble level that would attach to a Konica-Minolta  A2).  Their recommendation: use gaffer tape to attach a level that has the normal hotshoe foot since, they said, no such level exists for Minolta cameras' proprietary hotshoe.  Does anyone have a better solution?
2 possible solutions:
Cheap - glue the level to a hot shoe cover (you can buy a replacement SC-9 cover for this or use the one that came with the camera)
more expensive - Buy an FS-1100 flash shoe adapter. This converts the Minolta shoe into a standard shoe. This also allows you to use some standard flashes with the camera (although in a limited mode, and only flashes with low trigger voltage are safe to use)[/font]

lafleurcj

Bubble Level on KM A2
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 09:18:34 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Thanks.  The FS-1100 flash shoe adapter works almost perfectly for this purpose.  You can't put your eye to the swivel viewfinder in the vertical position when the level is attached this way, but other than that, it is a great solutuon.[/font]

lafleurcj

Bubble Level on KM A2
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 10:11:03 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I asked B&H for a bubble level that would attach to a Konica-Minolta  A2).  Their recommendation: use gaffer tape to attach a level that has the normal hotshoe foot since, they said, no such level exists for Minolta cameras' proprietary hotshoe.  Does anyone have a better solution?[/font]

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
Bubble Level on KM A2
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 08:49:04 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']I often wonder what Minolta's thinking is with that non-standard flash shoe. I can't figure they're selling very many dedicated flashes. That is definately a detractor for anyone comparing the various 8MP digicams. But then, very little, if any, is said about the wierd shoe when people are at the purchase stage. I know it was a big surprise to me. At least they have a PC flash cord socket. Otherwise, I would have returned the camera. I need to maintain the capability to trip standard flash equipment.

If I am using a tripod, I am using my Canon DSLR. The A2 is reserved for hand-held grab shots. So, based on that, I don't worry too much about the inability to mount the bubble level on the flash shoe.

And while we're talking bubble levels, what's up with the $30 price? Sheesh![/font]
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
Bubble Level on KM A2
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 11:49:34 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Check this out

http://www.network54.com/Forum....7389523

The thread opener sounds like he is developing/getting manufactured items including the bubble level.

HTH [/font]
A collection of mine here http://500px.c
Pages: [1]   Go Up