Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Bridge damage images?  (Read 2672 times)

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
Can Bridge damage images?
« on: March 23, 2009, 01:53:47 pm »

Hi!
This image has lately become very unsharp when opened in Bridge. Fortunately, it is all right opened in ACR. What has happened? Can Bridge damage images? I'm frightened. (Fuji S9600)
[attachment=12416:Grytedelta_Bridge.jpg] [attachment=12415:Grytedelta_ACR.jpg]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 01:56:08 pm by Hening »

Richowens

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 02:15:30 pm »

It would appear that ACR is applying sharpening to the raw file.

Personally, I have never had Bridge change a file. I won't say it is not possible, but Bridge is basically just a browser.

Rich

dogear

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 02:30:11 pm »

Do you have Bridge preferences set up to display high-quality previews? Perhaps you inadvertently changed that setting?
--Scott

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 02:22:28 am »

Which version of Bridge are you using as BrCS4 renders images much better than CS3? And what OS?
The previews you see in Br are processed via ACR and will render according to the defaults you have for ACR, so any changes you make in ACR will then show in Bridge. So if it looks soft, it's usually because the image has not yet rendered properly. I've had very slow rendering in Br recently, though not since I rolled OSX 10.5.6 back to 10.5.4.

Rich if you think Br is merely a browser, you are missing a lot of clever functionality. That's like saying LR is just a database. I edit most of my images in Br these days, more so than LR or PS. ACR is simply a modal dialogue box that is part of Br. Though it is unusual as it can be modal in either Bridge or PS. It could be argued that's not very different from the Develop module in LR as that is simply ACR in a different wrapper and ACR/Dev module is modal in LR too.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 10:10:43 am »

Thank you for your answers!
It looks like my POP server was late in alerting  me that I had gotten replys, so I went on and asked the same question on the Adobe Bridge Forum, and the answer is, that the file is corrupted in the Bridge cache, and purging that via the Tools menu cured the problem. This is Bridge 2.1.1.9, that came with PS CS3 10.0.1. Earlier versions of Bridge, I learned, could in fact damage image files.
Thanks again! - Hening.

Richowens

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 12:14:33 pm »

JJJ,

I am just saying it is browser based, nothing more.

You are certainly correct, it has grown to become a powerful tool.

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up