Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: which sense has sensor + technology ?  (Read 15039 times)

BJL

which sense has sensor + technology ?
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2009, 11:23:18 am »

Of the P65+, Bradley Gibson says
Quote from: bradleygibson
- Increased luminance noise at low ISO in available light over P45+
Is that based on
a. low ISO speed sample images from the P45+ and P65+ displayed at equal size
b. low ISO speed sample images from the P45+ and P65+ displayed at equal PPI, so enlarging the P65+ images about 20% more
c. a prediction based solely on pixel size, ignoring the technological improvements in the new 6 micron cell design claimed by Dalsa?

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2009, 09:00:19 am »

Quote from: ixpressraf
i had exactly the same with upgrading to my 5dMk2.

plastic fantastic body
simply bad image quality compared to whatever digital back at low iso
bad autofocus
very easy to get "moving blurred" images because of bad body construction
miles away from the built of real body such as 1DsMk2/3/1
bad balance when using pro lenses etc....
but still it is the most bought camera among pro's.

shot yesterday with 5dmk2 in left copper mine.
two hours walk inside the earth together with my assistant till we met this dead monster..

90-100% hum, app 30 degree temp,
800iso. 30 sec exp. 24-105 canon L lens ( a selected one ).
smallest gitzo carbon ( 200gr? ),
2 canon 420ex flashes with several exposures.

i recommend to repeat a shot as this with mf equipment with or  without "+" technology.

[attachment=12528:090326_1...k2_small.jpg]

100% crop of image
[attachment=12529:090326_1...mk2_crop.jpg]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:45:58 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

ThierryH

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2009, 10:36:17 am »

Dear tho_mas,

I did shoot this one sample because I was asked at the time, and it was shot and processed in Brumbaer, then uploaded to the site I have indicated, within 1 hour, no special trics or whatsoever. What you might have a look at is rather the shadows and how much details are left (water drops are by definition soft). I am sure that there are other such high ISO shots, but "without" me. I do not longer have such a back at disposal, since not longer working for this company.
What I can say and assure you of, is that there was VERY little light, taken during the first sun rays in the morning at around 6.30am (in Bangkok). My guess is that there was about 1/10th of available light as compared to Michael's MacBeth Chart samples.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: tho_mas
Me I find the waterdrops quite soft as well. I do not suspect any kind of "try" and I don't want to bother you, not at all! But it's somewhat strange that this seems to be the sole example of the HighISO capabilities of the Sinar Backs all over the web. I am courious to see another example and preferable not in sunlight. Then again I find the noise result quite good in your example. But I find the ISO800 of the P65+ not that bad, too... with regard to print size in generic image dimensions at 300dpi. And one would certainly not use ISO800 with a MFDB when the capture is targeted to extensive upscaling and/or Galery prints.

TMARK

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2009, 11:24:55 am »

Quote from: ziocan
I thought they were less than nine, but apparently there are quite a bunch of fashion photographers that use that button to makes small prints, from tiny portable printers, for the fashion editors that still want to stick their polaroids and look how the "story" is progressing....
not mentioning event photographers that sell their images on the spot.
I do not know if that was worth to make a direct print button, but apparently Canon cares.

The direct print button is also for the Japanese market, where it is very popular. Or so I'm told.

tho_mas

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2009, 12:17:55 pm »

Quote from: ThierryH
My guess is that there was about 1/10th of available light as compared to Michael's MacBeth Chart samples.
Thanks Thierry!

Quote from: ThierryH
I do not longer have such a back at disposal, since not longer working for this company.
yes, I know. That was totaly unexpected and inexplicable news. Truly hope everything goes well for you (so far) ...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up