Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP! photos disappeared when moving folder  (Read 12519 times)

HickersonJasonC

HELP! photos disappeared when moving folder
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 01:07:31 pm »

Quote from: johnbeardy
Jason

Does it happen every time you Edit With? And can you try repeating it, but using a new catalogue?

John

Yes, it appears it happens every time. I don't remember seeing this before a week ago, though. I tried it with a new catalog and the same thing occurs. I guess that rules out the catalog being corrupted?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 01:14:53 pm »

It happens regardless of whether you're working on files on the laptop hard drive, or on the external hard drive, doesn't it? Is the external hard drive a USB one? I've heard some things about problems with LR on Mac and "colostomy bag" drives.

I can't believe this is the issue, but maybe delete Lightroom's Preferences file - in User / Library / Preferences. Then try again.

John

HickersonJasonC

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 02:27:33 pm »

Quote from: johnbeardy
It happens regardless of whether you're working on files on the laptop hard drive, or on the external hard drive, doesn't it? Is the external hard drive a USB one? I've heard some things about problems with LR on Mac and "colostomy bag" drives.

I can't believe this is the issue, but maybe delete Lightroom's Preferences file - in User / Library / Preferences. Then try again.

John

Yes, internal or external drive makes no difference. My external drive for these images is a USB type 500gb lacie porsche.

I deleted the preferences file, same issue occurs in both catalogs, both drives.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 03:42:32 am »

Jason

I've asked around and none of my contacts has seen this before. One missing detail is the exact version of CS3 - is it 10.0.1?

What happens when you do the following editing routine? Do a File > Export targeting a folder that's already shown in Lightroom, choose 16 bit TIF, and in the Export Actions choose Open in Photoshop CS3. After editing in CS3, save, and then do a sync back in Lightroom.

A similar routine is to tick Add to this Catalog in the Export Dialog box. Again, what happens?

John

Geoff the kiwi

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 11:58:34 pm »

Which version of PS are you using?
Is it 10.0.01??
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 11:58:55 pm by Geoff the kiwi »
Geoff Walker

Adobe Community Professional - ACE(Lightroom)

HickersonJasonC

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 06:03:29 pm »

Quote from: Geoff the kiwi
Which version of PS are you using?
Is it 10.0.01??

Yes, it's 10.0.1.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up