Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Right Angle Finder  (Read 1770 times)

Mark F

Canon Right Angle Finder
« on: March 22, 2009, 03:10:20 pm »

If anyone wearing glasses has used the Canon right angle finder, are you able to view the entire viewfinder screen without moving your head back and forth? Also, is it bright enough to focus and do you have to refocus when you switch to 2.5 magnification?  

Thanks.
Mark

DarkPenguin

Canon Right Angle Finder
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 03:29:27 pm »

What camera?

Oh, and live view so crushes the RAF it isn't funny.

Mark F

Canon Right Angle Finder
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 05:07:35 pm »

1Ds3.  

I'll be using it when the camera is practically on the ground.  I've reached the age when it hurts my neck to lie on my belly and stretch my neck to look out the viewfinder or the live view glass. Much easier to just sit or kneel and look through the right angle finder.

Quote from: DarkPenguin
What camera?

Oh, and live view so crushes the RAF it isn't funny.
Mark

daws

Canon Right Angle Finder
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 07:14:59 pm »

The Canon RAF works very well with the 5DI. I'm very nearsighted and remove my glasses to use it, both to get closer to the RAF's image and not to mar my eyeglass lenses. In combination with the viewfinder's focus adjustment it yields a wide diopter range.

At lower mag the entire image is viewable without moving your head. At 2.5x a refocus of the RAF eyepiece is necessary (for my eyes at any rate). I use a Brightscreen on the 5DI -- combined with the RAF it yields a very bright, sharp image.

On the 5DII, however, the most critically that I can focus with the RAF is beaten handily by live view at 10x.

Pages: [1]   Go Up