Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: American/Japanese cameras  (Read 1667 times)

murdoch

American/Japanese cameras
« on: March 22, 2009, 02:29:11 pm »

Hello All,

I'm thinking of buying a Panasonic LX3.  In Europe, this camera is crippled so that it will record no more than 10 minutes of video (at any quality setting) continuously.

Is it the case that the US and/or Japanese versions of this camera do not have this feature, and will allow continuous video recording until limits imposed by the filesystem are reached?

Murdoch

dalethorn

American/Japanese cameras
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 09:27:42 pm »

Quote from: murdoch
Hello All,
I'm thinking of buying a Panasonic LX3.  In Europe, this camera is crippled so that it will record no more than 10 minutes of video (at any quality setting) continuously.
Is it the case that the US and/or Japanese versions of this camera do not have this feature, and will allow continuous video recording until limits imposed by the filesystem are reached?
Murdoch

My LX3 (USA model) records only 10-1/2 minutes in HD, but I assume it will do unlimited in other modes.  The new models with AVCHD will record unlimited time in USA releases.  If you can't have a USA model shipped to you, try looking into whether a different firmware install will unlock the unlimited video for AVCHD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up