Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which calibrator device?  (Read 3210 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Which calibrator device?
« on: March 21, 2009, 10:14:10 pm »

Hi,

A friend plans to by an Eizo CG 242WK monitor and a calibration device. He asked me about the calibration device, there is a special one made for Eizo which seems similar to Color Vision Spyder 3, the Xrite i1-display and the Color Munki Photo. I have the Color Munki Photo myself, and I'm fully satisfied. I guess that the Color Munki is a good choice if used for both screen and print calibration, but for screen calibration alone it may not be the best option.

Some suggestions on this forum what to choose?

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

pete_truman

• http://www.ifootpath.com
Which calibrator device?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 08:40:24 am »

I use the Color Vision Spyder but with an Apple display. Do also think carefully on the choice of software. I use ColorEyes Display Pro from Integrated Color and it does a great job, rather better in my experience than the software supplied with the device.
Pete Truman

Professional

Which calibrator device?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 06:54:01 pm »

I have only ColorVision Spyder3Studio, using it on my MacBaook Pro 17", it is my first and only calibration device, i didn't test many before to see which is better, but i don't know what is the benefit to use this calibration device, so if it for printing and matching it with the monitor, then all my prints came out perfect as i see or worse than that is i get prints better than what i see on monitor, and i sent few photos to our photography club [called society now] and they printed them, all are as i see in my monitor, so i can say that the calibration i've got working great, but it is also subjective, i heard many said they have problem with Spyder versions.

Scott Martin

• Onsight
Which calibrator device?
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 07:14:57 pm »

Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

Keith Snell

Which calibrator device?
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 10:57:48 pm »

Quote from: Onsight
A short article on this: http://www.on-sight.com/2008/12/08/updated...ation-packages/

Scott,

Thank you for the link.  Your advice was very timely, as I'm in the market for a new calibration device.

Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Up